BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This is my 1st ED trip and I want to find out if anyone has ever done a ED pickup and drop-off on the same day. Assuming I go very early to pick up the car.

Also does anyone know how far is the Munich drop-off location from the delivery center.

Thanks in advance.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
1. It's possible. 30-40min airport to ED center, 1-2 hours for delivery, 5-10min drive to dropoff, 30min dropoff procedure, 30-40min drive to the airport.

2. It's not worth it. You'll be tired and depressed because you missed on all that driving you could have done :).
Why not, at the very least, pick up on a Friday morning, drive around Fri-Sat-Sun, then drop off on Monday and fly back home? You can also get cheaper tockets if you stay over the weekend, I think. This way you'll be out some 300 Euros for hotel and meals, but maybe make up a bit from the airfare... as well as have an amazing experience.

3. Your car will take 4-6 weeks to get back to the US, maybe even more. I can put up with this only if I get something in return - like a nice Euro vacation.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
:::shaking head:::

·
In the heat
1,287 Posts
I did a 5 day trip and it was great, but as soon as you get back you regret not staying longer. For sure you want to try to get past the break in period so you can really open it up on the A-bahn.

What is so important to get back to?? Please don't say work!?

Try to make more time, soooo much to see in Europe.:thumbup:

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
There's no doubt that it can be done, but driving your new car in Europe is about 90% of what ED is all about. Picking it up an dropping it off would be like a wedding without a honeymoon. Did you do that too? :dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the expert advice Guys.

After hearing the expert advice of so many people now I plan to pick up my car on Thursday early morning and drop of it off the following Monday.

It's not about work but rather I will be travelling alone (I have a 2 year kid and she hates to sit in the car seat so travelling with her was out of question)

Thanks everyone.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
shocker1976 said:
After hearing the expert advice of so many people now I plan to pick up my car on Thursday early morning and drop of it off the following Monday.

It's not about work but rather I will be travelling alone (I have a 2 year kid and she hates to sit in the car seat so travelling with her was out of question)

Thanks everyone.
No problem travelling alone - I picked up a 330xi in November by myself and over 5 days drove 2426 km. You'll have fun.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Why do this? Just to save a few bucks? The whole point of ED is to get a great vacation in Europe, driving your own new Bimmer in the process. Why not make your best deal at a local dealer, get the car right away and be done with it. I am now on my 5th week waiting for re-delivery and this is by far the worst part of the ED experience. If you're not interested in at least a 1 wk vacation, forget ED!:dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.