BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This is my 1st ED trip and I want to find out if anyone has ever done a ED pickup and drop-off on the same day. Assuming I go very early to pick up the car.

Also does anyone know how far is the Munich drop-off location from the delivery center.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
shocker1976 said:
Hi All,
This is my 1st ED trip and I want to find out if anyone has ever done a ED pickup and drop-off on the same day. Assuming I go very early to pick up the car.

Also does anyone know how far is the Munich drop-off location from the delivery center.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, that's absolutely doable. In fact many here on this board has done it. Get there when the delivery center opens, it should take approximately an hour after you get there.

The drop off location is about 15-20 minutes away. Plus you'll get to drive on the Autobahn getting to the drop off location.

·
Vorsitzer
344 Posts
I have also done a 9 am pick up and caught a 1 pm flight. The only caution is to be there when the Delivery Center opens. The drop off is a simple shot 15/20 minutes away. I would recomend using Google Maps for the trip so you dont get lost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
vrrooom said:
I would recomend using Google Maps for the trip so you dont get lost.
Google Maps are good, but do you have Nav? If you do, just have them plug in the Harms location into the nav. Thats how I got there without any problems.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,701 Posts
vrrooom said:
I have also done a 9 am pick up and caught a 1 pm flight. The only caution is to be there when the Delivery Center opens.
The delivery center opens at 7:30.

·
Registered
177 Posts
shocker1976 said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
You don't actually have to drive the car to the dropoff point. For a nominal fee the Delivery Center will arrange for Harms to collect at the DC. I believe it was 100euro that I paid once.

Too bad you don't have time to drive it though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did just that in July. However, I went for a 2 hour drive before dropping it off. The directions they give is very simple, and short distance. Just make sure to go to the end of the turn, and turn up the ramp to get to Harms. I forgot this, and was looking for it in the back of the lot. Once there, it takes 20 minutes for the paperwork, and you can request a Taxi call by Thomas, and you are out of there in a flash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did an ED in Dec 2003 for a 745li this way. I got to the pickup place at 8:00, was out of there by 9:30. They let me borrow a dvd disc (don't know if they still do this), drove to the bmw museum, then drove to the olympic stadium area where I had lunch and went to the top of the tower. Then went to the Harms dropoff. I reached Harms at about 2:30. I highly recommend the two stops above. I am doing another ED in Oct., but this time I will just drive it straight to Harms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts