BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So did you remove your ED plates off the car before you gave it back?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes and No...

Hi --

I left the rear plate on the car, as instructed. I removed the front plate and brought it home with me. The rear plate was still on the car when it arrived at the dealer yesterday.

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
anlauf said:
So did you remove your ED plates off the car before you gave it back?
At HARMS drop off they took off the front plate and gave it to me and when I took redelivery the rear plate was in the trunk.Good luck
cheers
vern

·
Registered
83 Posts
I left both plates on my car and both of them were in the trunk upon redelivery.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pterous said:
I left both plates on my car and both of them were in the trunk upon redelivery.
I left both plates on my car and both of them were on the car upon redelivery.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
The drop off location guy removed the front one and even cleaned it for me. The rear one you have to leave for transport. You should be getting it back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine sank

I removed the rear plate, the triangle and the first aid kit and good thing too as the car ended up on the bottom of the English Channel. Hopefully someday it, along with the keys and some of the documentation will be a hot item on ebay!

·
Registered
72 Posts
IXinCO said:
I removed the rear plate, the triangle and the first aid kit and good thing too as the car ended up on the bottom of the English Channel. Hopefully someday it, along with the keys and some of the documentation will be a hot item on ebay!
what do you mean? did you car sink to the bottom of the English Channel?!?!?!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got screwed...I had to leave both plates on because I dropped off in italy.. Although one plate was supposed to make it back to the states, neither were in the trunk when I picked up..oh well...:)

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Paul4BMW said:
Hi --

I left the rear plate on the car, as instructed. I removed the front plate and brought it home with me. The rear plate was still on the car when it arrived at the dealer yesterday.

/Paul
330Cic
Sparkling Graphite
Ditto

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
gwells67 said:
I got screwed...I had to leave both plates on because I dropped off in italy.. Although one plate was supposed to make it back to the states, neither were in the trunk when I picked up..oh well...:)
Ask the dealer ,he might have them.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
281 Posts
vern said:
Ask the dealer ,he might have them.
cheers
vern
Indeed: I dropped off in Italy. When the dealer called me to tell me that my car was there, he also told me the plates were in the trunk. When I showed up to pick-up the car, they were lost.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Marco said:
Indeed: I dropped off in Italy. When the dealer called me to tell me that my car was there, he also told me the plates were in the trunk. When I showed up to pick-up the car, they were lost.
I think "lost" should be in quotes. They were likely stolen somewhere in the United States. (obviously not in Italy, since the driver needed to get them to Munich)

I left both plates on when I dropped in Zurich. Both were there when I picked up in U.S. This is as it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Marco said:
Tried eBay? Maybe someone at your dealer knows these plates can sell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts