BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test drive in an M3/SMG Friday. (I was afraid I might regret "giving up the fun" of a regular manual -- well that worry is gone!!)

The dealer offered a reasonable [well fairly reasonable] "invoice +" deal - except that the invoice is the "stateside" figure. The BMW website doesn't list the M3 in the ED program either.

I see several threads here on M3 and ED (example the beautiful Imola Red Coupe posted a few days ago.)

What is the story on pricing. I would still like to get the M3 through ED for the fun of the trip, but ED pricing would make it even better.

I would appreciate any info...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
LoneStarC said:
I see several threads here on M3 and ED (example the beautiful Imola Red Coupe posted a few days ago.)

What is the story on pricing. I would still like to get the M3 through ED for the fun of the trip, but ED pricing would make it even better.
Hi, thanks! :thumbup:

As you saw we can do ED as equal partners to everybody else. However, we don't get a special ED discount like the other cars. BMW took the e46 M3 "off the program" that's why you didn't see an M3 listed on Bmw.com for a discount.

So, make your best deal with a dealer and then go for the ED. I "saved" ~ 2K total on the trip by saving the $500.00 for MACO on my 'over invoice' price, plus flying cheap from the BMW / Lufthansa specials. All other ED benifits apply to us special M3'rs.

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
LoneStarC said:
Took a test drive in an M3/SMG Friday. (I was afraid I might regret "giving up the fun" of a regular manual -- well that worry is gone!!)

The dealer offered a reasonable [well fairly reasonable] "invoice +" deal - except that the invoice is the "stateside" figure. The BMW website doesn't list the M3 in the ED program either.

I would appreciate any info...

Thanks
A little over a year ago I got $1700 off on an M3 for ED. I don't know why the dealer did the transaction for that savings. From what I heard at that time, no one in So. Cal was getting more than $1000 off on a car for US delivery.
Go make your best deal, it's out there. I would expect there to be alot of deals in Texas judging from the # of used M3's in Texas on Auto trader online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts