BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:wave: OK people. I have been looking everywhere even contacted a dealer. I would like to do ED June 18th to 22nd 2012 but only if I can drive my new 2012 BMW 328i to Ukraine for a month. Will I have problems at the border of Poland and Ukraine with Ukrainian authorities? Will they give me hard time entering Ukraine? Ukraine is NOT in European Union (stupid Ukrainian government, nothing against Ukrainian people they are AWESOME). Also, does anyone know if the BMW insurance will cover my new vehicle there as well?
I am US citizen (if that makes any difference). Does anyone know (maybe had an experience) or maybe can link me where I can look to find my answer? Please help me out. Thanx in advance :bow: CHEERS :beerchug:

·
I saw the light!
669 Posts
Read:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Experience/Events/EuropeanDelivery/EuropeanDeliveryFAQ.aspx

Q: "Are there any country restrictions?"

A: "Please be advised that your new BMW can only be driven in European Union countries, which include the following:

Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Great Britain
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
Norway (Non EU but recognizes tourist license plates)
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland (Non EU but recognizes tourist licence plates)

All other countries are restricted because of the temporary tourist plates that are not recognized in non-EU countries. Also consider when planning your travels that you may not drive through any country that is not listed above. "

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Or, perhaps to put it more clearly...
:wave: OK people. I have been looking everywhere even contacted a dealer. I would like to do ED June 18th to 22nd 2012 but only if I can drive my new 2012 BMW 328i to Ukraine for a month. Will I have problems at the border of Poland and Ukraine with Ukrainian authorities? UNKNOWN, ASK AGAIN

Will they give me hard time entering Ukraine? UNKNOWN, ASK AGAIN

Ukraine is NOT in European Union (stupid Ukrainian government, nothing against Ukrainian people they are AWESOME). Also, does anyone know if the BMW insurance will cover my new vehicle there as well? IT WILL NOT

I am US citizen (if that makes any difference). Does anyone know (maybe had an experience) or maybe can link me where I can look to find my answer? SEE POST ABOVE FOR LINK

Please help me out. Thanx in advance :bow: CHEERS :beerchug:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,744 Posts
In addition to what has been mentioned, if you were to have a problem with the car, you may run into difficulties as the assistance program will not cover you. Further, there might be insurance issues as well.

·
Scheiße!!!
1,135 Posts
:wave: OK people. I have been looking everywhere even contacted a dealer. I would like to do ED June 18th to 22nd 2012 but only if I can drive my new 2012 BMW 328i to Ukraine for a month. Will I have problems at the border of Poland and Ukraine with Ukrainian authorities? Will they give me hard time entering Ukraine? Ukraine is NOT in European Union (stupid Ukrainian government, nothing against Ukrainian people they are AWESOME). Also, does anyone know if the BMW insurance will cover my new vehicle there as well?
I am US citizen (if that makes any difference). Does anyone know (maybe had an experience) or maybe can link me where I can look to find my answer? Please help me out. Thanx in advance :bow: CHEERS :beerchug:
EURO2012 huh:dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.