BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John, I have a 2003 330cic that has made it to my dealer in Colorado Monday. Yesterday, when I went to review the final sales agreement, there was a major discrepency in the price for my trade-in. So major, it has me considering NOT taking delivery. My question is, if I do not take delivery and ED the car through you or another BMW center outside of Colorado, what cost would I expect to pay to have the car sent to me from the center I purchase through (assuming I don't come pick it up)?

As you can tell, I am none too pleased about this situation and would expect alot better treatment considering I am paying MSRP to my local center for the car.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
Um... when you do ED, you complete the sale 30 days before you take delivery in Munich. Your note above states the 330 is already at your dealer in CO, so presumably, you already took delivery of the car in Munich and put at least a couple miles on it before it was shipped to the US. You already own that 330...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps I wasn't clear. The car waiting for me to pickup is not an ED, it was NA purchase through my local center. I am considering not taking it, becasue of the difference in trade-in in 2 months and odering the same car through ED.

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
ah... my apologies... I don't know the answer to that -- good luck. ED is a great experience!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well you can very good deals if you do European dilevery. there are lot of savings involved. first the ED price is about 2500 dollars less then the US price and then you can negotiate a better deal on ED price ( like 1000-1500) over invoice ) , so another 1500 dollar saving then paying for sticker price. I am sure Jon will give you a great deal as he offered me a nice deal. And then you can get your car shipped at any of the dealers in Colorodo and they will just charge maximum 500 dollars.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
RJJ330CAB said:
John, I have a 2003 330cic that has made it to my dealer in Colorado Monday. Yesterday, when I went to review the final sales agreement, there was a major discrepency in the price for my trade-in. So major, it has me considering NOT taking delivery. My question is, if I do not take delivery and ED the car through you or another BMW center outside of Colorado, what cost would I expect to pay to have the car sent to me from the center I purchase through (assuming I don't come pick it up)?

As you can tell, I am none too pleased about this situation and would expect alot better treatment considering I am paying MSRP to my local center for the car.

Thanks,

Ray
Shipping from CA to CO costs quite a bit- especially if you are
going with a covered carrier.... ($750+??)

Someone suggested Steve Diamond (Eurobuyers), another
Colorado resident. He gets my vote for you too...

I'd love to have your deal, but it just doesn't make any sense;
won't "pencil out"...

:tsk:

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Euro Questions

I have a few questions that maybe those of you with Euro Delivery experience can help answer
(Jon, feel free to jump in here anytime)

1) what is the advantage or incentive for a dealer to do euro delivery?
2) can euro delivery pricing be negotiated from euro delivery invoice up?
3) euro delivery discounts only applies to the base car yes?...not the options...

Thanks

Dan

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
Re: Euro Questions

1) what is the advantage or incentive for a dealer to do euro delivery?
the profit or the amount over invoice that the dealer charges, like any other regular delivery car. also, the car doesn't sit on the lot..
2) can euro delivery pricing be negotiated from euro delivery invoice up?
yes.
3) euro delivery discounts only applies to the base car yes?...not the options...
euro cars have an invoice and an msrp just like us delivery cars.. you can add up the invoice price of everything including the options then add the dealer profit to that 'total invoice' price..

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
msg333,

I looked again and do not see euro delivery invoice pricing for options...only the base car gets a discount

·
Registered
359 Posts
Those prices for the options on eurobuyers is the invoice price. Add the base price with the options and offer anywhere from 1000-1500 over invoice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts