BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. First, I wanted to thank everyone here for the fantastic advice. After many years of BMW ownership, you all made my first ED trip even better than I expected! Also, many thanks to Beewang for his help. He single-handedly made navigation a breeze. I can't imagine the type of trip we took without it.

I was part of the March 17th pick-up crew. Unfortunately we must have gotten up earlier than everyone else since the ED center was pretty quiet. We immediately hit the road and were sad to miss the Bimmerfestivities that night. Our trip took us 1200 miles through Germany, Switzerland and Austria. We drove through France for about an hour or so. After affirming lots of opinions about France by spending a couple of weeks in Paris last year and now experiencing the drivers there, we couldn't get out of that country quickly enough. :tsk:

We spent a couple of days in Munich, exploring the city and taking a tour of Dachau before pickup. After pickup (X3 3.0, Premium, Sport, Nav, blah blah blah.):

3/17 Nuremberg, Rothenburg
3/18 Stuttgart: Porsche factory tour :bow: and to check on my September order! and Koblenz
3/19 Nürburgring for the VLN race (my favorite part of the trip) and Trier
3/20 Through the Black Forest to Lake Constance: Got engaged here (her favorite part of the trip ;) )
3/21 Füssen and Salzburg
3/22 Salzburg, Halstatt and Munich
3/23 Drop off
3/24 Head back home!

Below are some pics. I took about 600 of them so let me know if you would like more of a particular area. The drive was very relaxing and really enjoyable on the Autobahn. It's nice to be among people who know how to drive!! Again, thanks to everyone for all of the great info here!

TVN

Attachments

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sorry we missed you at the Marriott on the 17th. Nice pictures, thanks for the write-up. Post more if you got them! :thumbup:

BTW: Do you know what boat you were on?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
e36M3r said:
Sorry we missed you at the Marriott on the 17th. Nice pictures, thanks for the write-up. Post more if you got them! :thumbup:

BTW: Do you know what boat you were on?
My guess would be the Phoenix Leader. I think it arrived port on 4/26 or thereabouts or maybe on the Orion Diamond like my car.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm doubting OD, as that would mean he got his car in SF faster than yours in SoCal. Any word on when yours will be in your own hands?

arnolds said:
My guess would be the Phoenix Leader. I think it arrived port on 4/26 or thereabouts or maybe on the Orion Diamond like my car.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
e36M3r said:
I'm doubting OD, as that would mean he got his car in SF faster than yours in SoCal. Any word on when yours will be in your own hands?
True, his Silver X3 was not at the Harms Parking lot on Sunday, Mar 27th.

No idea when my car will be clearing customs or released from the VDC. I'm hoping for a miracle and it gets to Santa Barbara this weekend but its more likely next week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My car (well, her car) is on the Orion Diamond. We dropped off around 2:30 on 3/23. The X3 was parked on the other end of that row of cars. ;) I am still awaiting re-delivery along with the rest of the Orion Diamond folks.

Attachments

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
tnunnery said:
more pics of the new M5 at the ED center, M3 at the Nürburgring and the Porsche factory lot.
Glad you had a great trip. The Nav. made my trip so much easier and will be used heavily back home as well. More pics please. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts