BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at late Oct/early Nov. delivery date on a new 650. I intend to use Frequent Flyer miles for my tickets which usually require booking way in advance. Does anyone know if it is possible to pick a travel date and work backwards on ordering a car? Or do I have to wait for a delivery date to make my travel plans? Am concerned about waiting too long and having lousy weather in Europe. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I used my miles for my ED trip in January. I initially picked one date for pickup but when I found better free flights on another date, my dealer was able to change my pickup date easily. This was all done about 2 months before my pickup date and within the same week. I would suggest tentatively reserving your flights, then quickly reserve your pickup date before issuing the ticket. Not sure what airline you'll be using but on United/Lufthansa you are able to change your travel dates without any penalty if you do not change the routing. Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
pdx said:
I am looking at late Oct/early Nov. delivery date on a new 650. I intend to use Frequent Flyer miles for my tickets which usually require booking way in advance. Does anyone know if it is possible to pick a travel date and work backwards on ordering a car? Or do I have to wait for a delivery date to make my travel plans? Am concerned about waiting too long and having lousy weather in Europe. Any advice would be helpful.
It is possible to pick a date and work backwards on ordering the car. Unfortuntely it is up to BMW to confirm the delivery date which is contingent on the number of ED slots at the delivery center on the day you want to pick up.. The confirmation will come approximately 2 1/2 months prior to delivery. I had a similar situation when I was doing ED because I was trying to travel on a travel voucher with an expiration date which was prior to even gettting a production date. Fortunately I was able to get an extension so it all worked out in the end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts