Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just received an envelope from BMWUSA, welcoming me to their ED program. It contained a folding map giving directions to the Delivery Center on one side, and a map of the subway on the other, addresses of the various drop-off locations in Europe, plus a couple of other things. Although the cover letter that came in the envelope stated that the envelope contained meal coupons that could be used at the cafeteria at the Delivery Center, there were no coupons enclosed. Should there have been any coupons in the envelope? Or is the cover letter wrong? Thanks.

CarSwami

04May2007 ED: 335i, Montego Blue

·
Registered
405 Posts
Your packet should have included the meal coupons (at least mine did when I received it a few weeks ago). You're the third person that's posted that said they did not receive the coupons. I would call BMWNA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I received mine few days ago w/o any coupons.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I have heard that they aren't very strict about what you eat so maybe they decided to ditch the coupons and just let you eat what you want.

·
Custom User
759 Posts
I didn't get coupons either (received the package last week). My guess is that whomever packed this recent batch just forgot to add them. I don't think they ditched them, because then they wouldn't have mentioned them in the welcome letter. I'm sure it's just a honest human error, and if someone notifies the ED dept, they will reissue them.

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
I've received coupons 1 time ('05), but not on my first ED ('04). Neither time was I asked for them at the bistro when I wanted to eat/drink.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You guys that have recieved it how long after you ordered did you get the welcome package? I ordered back in the middle of January and still have seen no letter.

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Ordered on 1/3 and received packet on 1/15, with the coupons.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You guys that have recieved it how long after you ordered did you get the welcome package? I ordered back in the middle of January and still have seen no letter.
i placed my order on 1/9/07 but i don't remember the exact date i received my 1st mailing from ED (but it was definitley before the end of Jan). it's a yellow folder with a picture of a window with red and pink flowers on the outside ledge. above the picture it says "Where Dreams Become Reality" in italics and below it "BMW European Delivery Program" in smaller bold type. inside was:

1. welcome letter
2. drop-off location contact information
3. navigation disk ordering information
4. king's hotel information
5. letter about germany's 'inclement weather' driving law adopted in 2006
6. release and customer notification for cold-weather driving conditions
7. snow chain and tires rental program (apparently no longer offered)
8. a small bmw european delivery program quick reference guide
9. a credit-card size fold-out directions (public transport and driving) to the delivery center
10. bmw of north america, llc complimentary breakfast or luncheon voucher, no coupons (on the voucher it writes "voucher should be presented at the bistro in lieu of cash" but as others have noted apparently they are not strict about it even though the welcome letter says "must be presented at the delivery center in munich")

the 2nd mailing i got was a 1 page delivery confirmation letter but i never got the gumby clock that many fellow 'festers have talked about. my CA said that i really don't need to take anything with me besides my passport and driver's license but that it would be a good idea to take the folder mentioned above, the delivery confirmation letter, and the 2 documents i have showing i paid for my car (1st one is when i placed the order with a deposit and the 2nd one when i paid off the car), just in case. that's my situation in a nutshell.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Placed my order Jan. 24 and received the packet 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't believe a company like BMW can't do things consistently. I'm confused as to why some people get the welcome packet immediatley, and others who ordered after others get theirs within a week? :confused:

·
Custom User
759 Posts
I can't believe a company like BMW can't do things consistently. I'm confused as to why some people get the welcome packet immediatley, and others who ordered after others get theirs within a week? :confused:
It seems they prioritize them by delivery date, not by order date.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sure but people that have their delivery dates after mine have gotten theirs. Inconsistency.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
It seems they prioritize them by delivery date, not by order date.
I dunno, most of the folks that share my delivery date have had their packages for a while. Of course there is the possibility mine is lost somewhere in the US postal system. I'd say that's more likely than any German inefficiency.

Erik

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think the for the most part people have been getting the packages pretty quickly. I ordered my car on Dec 31 and got the paperwork in the 2nd week of Jan. I think it's the exception when there is a long delay in receiving paperwork. And it probably has to do with a myriad of reasons - from CA delay of filing the paperwork to ED to US Mail delay to just paperwork getting lost in the shuffle. I surely wouldn't denounce BMW simply because you didn't get your paperwork in the same time frame. And honestly, you're not missing anything. I looked at it the day I received it and haven't looked at it since. There's nothing in there that I didn't learn on here. And even if you didn't get your meal coupons and even if they did charge you when you ordered - are you really going to stress over having to pay for a meal? Seriously. You're going to Munich to pick up your BMW which you're driving in Europe and you're saving thousand of dollars by doing so.

This isn't directed at any one poster or even just this thread - there just is a lot of complaining over something so trivial on this board.

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered my 335i on the Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday, and got the packet yesterday. My ED is set for 4th May.

I guess that I will send an E-Mail to BMWUSA and ask them if I should have gotten the coupons.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to meeting some of you on the 4th of May.

CarSwami

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Making sure order got sent and received?

Is there a way outside of the dealer to double check on whether a European Delivery order has been assigned the requested pick-up date? I know the dealer will eventually let me know after they know, but for travel planning and air ticket purchasing I'd like to get the information earlier directly from BMW without having to bug the CA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the for the most part people have been getting the packages pretty quickly. I ordered my car on Dec 31 and got the paperwork in the 2nd week of Jan. I think it's the exception when there is a long delay in receiving paperwork. And it probably has to do with a myriad of reasons - from CA delay of filing the paperwork to ED to US Mail delay to just paperwork getting lost in the shuffle. I surely wouldn't denounce BMW simply because you didn't get your paperwork in the same time frame. And honestly, you're not missing anything. I looked at it the day I received it and haven't looked at it since. There's nothing in there that I didn't learn on here. And even if you didn't get your meal coupons and even if they did charge you when you ordered - are you really going to stress over having to pay for a meal? Seriously. You're going to Munich to pick up your BMW which you're driving in Europe and you're saving thousand of dollars by doing so.

This isn't directed at any one poster or even just this thread - there just is a lot of complaining over something so trivial on this board.
i see your point and you're absolutely right in that the package is a pretty trivial thing, but there is another way to look at it. bmw makes great cars so why shouldn't they also make sure the little details of the purchasing process are taken care of so as not to put any sort of sour taste in a customer's mouth? sometimes it's the little stuff that makes or breaks an experience, no? now i'm not insinuating that the food voucher is a deal breaker for any of the poster but i just think it would serve bmw's ultimate goal of increasing/retaining customers when they pay attention to all the details of the ownership process. just my 1.5 cents :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts