Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted already.

Edmunds compared 4 convertibles under 55k and the bmw came out way ahead.

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/64635/page007.html

I like this point the best as is pointed out a lot by other reviews. Even though bmw may not have the most hp it most often has the best times.

We've been raving about the creamy perfection of the 3.0-liter single-banked six, though, with an output of 225 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque, it was the weakest powerplant in this field of four. Yet this engine managed to propel the 3,616-pound machine from 0 to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds, the fastest of the four.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Damn, I had no idea Edmunds had such in-depth comparisions...for free to boot. The first I've ever seen to actually rate audio systems as well. :thumbup:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
I've been getting very tempted to trade in both the 330 and the Eclipse for one of the Cic's !!

I've even thought of trading the Eclipse in for a 325Cic 5 speed and keeping the 330Ci but I know that is being too greedy :) :)

Everyday I keep telling myself don't do it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm not as enamored with my 330cic. Mine's a year old and I'm already looking around at what my next purchase will be.

It's a fine crusier, don't get me wrong. And compared to the rest of the field of four seat convertibles it wins hands down. I guess I was just expecting the sportiness of my 328i to translate over and it didn't.

If I wanted to tour the coast top down with my wife, no better car to choose though. :D

PS. Edmunds is flat out wrong about the HK system. Either that or they changed it for 2002.

T

·
0 Posts
obLu said:
I'm not as enamored with my 330cic. Mine's a year old and I'm already looking around at what my next purchase will be.

It's a fine crusier, don't get me wrong. And compared to the rest of the field of four seat convertibles it wins hands down. I guess I was just expecting the sportiness of my 328i to translate over and it didn't.

If I wanted to tour the coast top down with my wife, no better car to choose though. :D

PS. Edmunds is flat out wrong about the HK system. Either that or they changed it for 2002.
What year was the 328i?

T

·
0 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I love ya Nate.

Of course, the possibility he had had an E36 did cross my mind. But I have also consistently contrasted the '99 and '00 E46 with the '01+ E46s.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

I love ya Nate.

Of course, the possibility he had had an E36 did cross my mind. But I have also consistently contrasted the '99 and '00 E46 with the '01+ E46s.
:p

You should go check out a '02 E46 with the rumored "better than 328 steering"

T

·
0 Posts
nate328Ci said:

:p

You should go check out a '02 E46 with the rumored "better than 328 steering"
No matter how many times Alan F insists it's better, I'm not buying it. (Sorry Alan.)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally in TD's head

damn, I was hoping he would say E36 so that I gloat about E36 supremacy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:yikes:
:lmao: :lmao:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
TD said:

No matter how many times Alan F insists it's better, I'm not buying it. (Sorry Alan.)

I have 3 words for you Tom . . . .

test drive it . . . . test drive it . . . . test drive it . . . .

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Alan F said:

I've even thought of trading the Eclipse in for a 325Cic 5 speed and keeping the 330Ci but I know that is being too greedy :) :)

Everyday I keep telling myself don't do it.
DO IT!!!

It is a nice car :D

Lots of fun :thumbup:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
nate328Ci said:

DO IT!!!

It is a nice car :D

Lots of fun :thumbup:
True it is . . . but I don't think I'd want 2 BMW's plus I was thinking about keeping the eclipse for a year and then upgrading it to the newer body style . . . I like having a japanese car because it really provides variety when i switch off from car to car . . . The whole idea of having 2 daily drivers is variety

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Alan F said:

True it is . . . but I don't think I'd want 2 BMW's plus I was thinking about keeping the eclipse for a year and then upgrading it to the newer body style . . . I like having a japanese car because it really provides variety when i switch off from car to car . . . The whole idea of having 2 daily drivers is variety
S2000?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mystikal said:
BTW, stop telling everybody to buy things they don't want/need! :confused:
He's a trouble maker:tsk: ;)

j/k Nate

1 - 20 of 36 Posts