BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered my M4 coupe and will be using that as an excuse to do a ~10 day trip to Tuscany/Cinque Terra with my wife and daughter. Pick-up day at BMW Welt (Munich) is late June. We're all stoked for the trip.

For any of you who have take advantage of BMW's European Delivery Program or just know of cool drives in Germany... Your recommendations would be appreciated on good driving routes going south from Munich, with mountainous curves and switchbacks, killer views, and vistas to take pics of the family in our new ride?

One stop that's definitely on our list is the Neuschwanstein Castle, near Füssen in southwest Bavaria. Supposedly, Walt Disney used used it as his inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty castle.

·
Go Dawgs!
1,076 Posts
For any of you who have take advantage of BMW's European Delivery Program or just know of cool drives in Germany... Your recommendations would be appreciated on good driving routes going south from Munich, with mountainous curves and switchbacks, killer views, and vistas to take pics of the family in our new ride?
Check out the stickies in the European Delivery section. All of this information, and tons more, is easy to access over there.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just ordered my M4 coupe and will be using that as an excuse to do a ~10 day trip to Tuscany/Cinque Terra with my wife and daughter. Pick-up day at BMW Welt (Munich) is late June. We're all stoked for the trip.

One stop that's definitely on our list is the Neuschwanstein Castle, near Füssen in southwest Bavaria. Supposedly, Walt Disney used used it as his inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty castle.
Get a good pic at the castle. :) Dont be scared to go down some of those smaller roads. I think the locals have gotten use to all the BMW traffic there and just dont care anymore. I was a little nervous of going down some of the roads that had the 'no entry' sign on them. But I saw a Land Rover defender just flat out roll down the road. So I figured no harm. I also saw a spot where it was blatantly obvious that many cars have done U turns. lol
Should anyone give you a hard time, just play the dumb tourist card.

There was also a small family that was having a picnic where I took my pic and I had a glass of wine and cheese with them. They barely spoke any english but friendly smiles and laughing broke the language barrier.

·
Go Dawgs!
1,076 Posts
Get a good pic at the castle. :) Dont be scared to go down some of those smaller roads. I think the locals have gotten use to all the BMW traffic there and just dont care anymore.
If those landowners were smart/entrepreneurial, they'd set up a booth and collect some Euros for the privilege of taking a pic from that spot. Just sayin'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts