BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Piloto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
setup- I have a 2009 X5D (u.s.) with 123,000 miles and JR Auto tune that is supposed to have EGR programmed permanently closed/disabled. I've had it for approx. 10,000 trouble free miles (the tune, owned the car since 44k).

the idiot light- I got a Check Engine Light and pulled the code using iCarly Pro for BMW... the code was under the engine category (004C87) that stated "Low pressure exhaust gas recirculation cooler reduces cooling efficiency."

the question/ problem- is this code valid due to the stage 2 software supposedly eliminating the function of the EGR? or is there something else wrong? ....furthermore, what would you experts recommend? Eliminate the system now? replace the supposed failed low pressure cooler?

The car still seems to run perfectly minus the dash light staring at me. I googled and searched for this specific code and can't find anything specific... has anyone seen this error and symptom?

Thank you all in advance for your advice and help.

-Jeff

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,368 Posts
Maybe contact JR Auto. You're their customer and it would seem that they owe some duty of satisfaction.

·
Piloto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to drag JR auto into this even, I just want my car to work. I did in fact email him though and basically I still need your help. I tried his recommendations(disconnect EGR and cooler sensor) and the code seems to return as soon as I shut the car down. I am extremely satisfied with this tune, I'm only saying I have it to help explain/ troubleshoot. I'm sure they will help make it right if it's a tune issue, but I'm searching for input from people who may have EGR delete etc, and some experience with this possible code. Thanks all.

·
Piloto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just logged temps while driving and temp for after the LP cooler is between 58-62 driving and when stopped and idling. Is this about right or is the code I have indicating correctly that it's high?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts