BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been ask before, but here I go again ! Has anyone fitted Eibach Pro-kit springs to their car using the original OE BMW shocks ? I would like to do this just for the visual upgrade. The car is only used for normal road use / weekend get aways. I am happy with the existing suspension seeing I don't use it for track work. As I said just lowering the car for the visual upgrade. Thanks for any info / comments. Bill

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
BMW stock shocks are suitable for stock springs only. Heavier springs will trash the shot=cks QUICKLY. And then you have to pull the front struts apart AGAIN to change the shocks. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, I was just trying to save some dollars, but your right. I think I'll go with Bilsteins + Eibach springs. many thanks Bill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am probably that one guy that freeplay just mentioned. no problems yet. the place i took my car to to get my springs installed said that once i get my new shocks, they wont charge me for installation. so, i decided to use my stock ones for a little while.

-Jon

Edit: i am not planning on running the stock ones forever, only temporarily. I am paying for college myself (with a little help from financial aid), so once i get the extra money, ill be getting the bilsteins.

·
10,856 Posts
The key is really dependent on your definition of OK. BMW's OEM shocks never seem to fail outright. It's just that after a pretty short period of time, they no longer have any real danmping capacity left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts