Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted some Eibach springs to my E64 645ci, and after approx 1000 miles I’m not happy with the stance of my car.
I really wanted them to be lower, in fact I have seen these before on exactly the same model as mine either sitting like mine or lower, they don’t appear to be consistent.

If I changed to H&R, would I sit lower than Eibachs, and do any E64 owners have lowering springs other than Eibachs they can show me fitted and their stance please

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
That looks about right for Eibach springs, mine had that stance when I had them on before coilovers.

Honestly looks good. If you want any lower than that, you will need coilovers I'm afraid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get some spacers and that will look great. 15mm at the back and 10mm at the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you measure ground to bottom of fender before and after installation so that you can tell exactly how much the car was lowered? As I recall the range that lowering springs lower this car is only 1-1.5 inches (per either Eibach or H&R's website, I don't remember which it's been awhile since I did this mod). My 2008 650i came down exactly 1.5 inches all 4 corners with the H&R springs...it did take a few hundred miles of HARD (not easy) driving to get them all to fully settle. I doubt that there is much difference between the two brands. o.p. you have a nice looking car

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is what has held me back lowering my 6 too. I know I need to get coils for my desired ride height so didn***8217;t want to waste money on springs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts