BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen good things printed about both of these companies (Eibach and H&R) H&R seems to be predominant but that could just be marketing/availability.

Does anyone have idrect experience with these springs on a car? Is one better for track applications than another?

Thanks,
Haus

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Ah...a new mod in mind? :D Isn't the OEM ones made by Eibach? Just wondering...

Eibach was predominantly used in E36 DTC, DTM cars. KWs too. But lately, H&Rs are getting much attention. ALMS GTR uses H&Rs right?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, ALMS used H&R but I'm sure they were custom made for them. I read Jpintos review of his Eibachs and they seem like they would be too soft for the track, he says they are softer than stock.

May opt for coilovers.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
You're getting it for your M3 or 325ci?

I was planning on getting coilovers for a couple of months back. The tunable height and damping features are very attractive for tracking. But the price isn't. Also I couldn't get a very good review from folks who have them. Most of them never tracked in their coilovers before. They buy it, lower it, stiffen it and forget it.

In the end, I went for the obvious. Which may well be almost getting a set of BMW OEM kit. But I decided to place my bet on how the kit integrates with the wheels and rest of the car dynamics.

Not yet installed on my car though...

in_d_haus said:
Yup, ALMS used H&R but I'm sure they were custom made for them. I read Jpintos review of his Eibachs and they seem like they would be too soft for the track, he says they are softer than stock.

May opt for coilovers.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of our hard core track junkies run coil over suspensions. The new ones are much more streetable than the old ones especially with the adjustable height and damping.

Most of the guys do the adjustments the night before. Put on track pads, adjust everything, some even put on track tires.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
in_d_haus said:

May opt for coilovers.
The Eibach shocks are too soft for track use. The springs are excellent. H&R complaints are that they are butt breakers.

Go with a coil over setup or a cup kit.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
or get KW for around the same price. Samir has a group buy for the KWs. Check out APEX too(http://www.apexsprings.com/). They have 22 tunable settings.

Surprisingly my ALPINA set costs me just $800.00. Still a far cry from $1300 though. And I get to customize the spring constants and shock dampenings by filling out an equipment table.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts