BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem and cannot find my specifics after doing a lot of research and forum reading, so I hope someone here could help me. I noticed my cooling fan stopped working and would only come on when I had the AC on. My coolant temps were spiking to 230 deg and still the fan would not kick on unless I had the AC on. Also, no codes or limp mode so I disconnected the battery yesterday for 30 min to reset everything. When I reconnected it, the fan was working properly, coming on low mode when the engine is hot and high mode with the AC. I thought the problem was fixed until this morning where its doing the same thing again and I cannot figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did, but I'm not sure if that is the culprit since my fan works with the AC on, just not when the AC is off. It's still under warranty but I wanted to check all possible causes and see if this is a common event which justifies taking it to the dealer, or if its a "one off" thing.

Thanks for your help. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts