BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search for other threads regarding the electric seat adjustment. I found one with a similar problem of the lumbar adjustment going up but not coming down. Luckily I found that my problem is not the electric motors, but the switch is loosely mounted on the plastic side shields on the seat. I found that with the front left door open and sitting with my butt on the ground and my back to the door hinges, I could stick my left hand up under the seat near the side edge and my fingers were able to lift the electric switch up, my right hand could then move the black plastic knobs to adjust the seat back down.

What I need help with is finding an easy way to remove the black plastic knobs so I can then remove the plastic shield on the seat so I can tighten the switch so it will operate properly. Do I pry off the knobs or is there some kind of clip that needs to be manipulated to remove the knobs?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just finished fixing my drivers side electric seat switch. I was able to carefully pry off the adjustment knobs of the electric switch and found it loose and drooping just low enough to prevent the downward adjustments. There is a small hole (slightly larger in diameter than a toothpick) in the switch & the plastic side trim that when matched up, the switch is properly centered for full up/down/forward/backward adjustments. I screwed in a small screw and now the switch is securely mounted again and full adjustments possible.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
Just finished fixing my drivers side electric seat switch. I was able to carefully pry off the adjustment knobs of the electric switch and found it loose and drooping just low enough to prevent the downward adjustments. There is a small hole (slightly larger in diameter than a toothpick) in the switch & the plastic side trim that when matched up, the switch is properly centered for full up/down/forward/backward adjustments. I screwed in a small screw and now the switch is securely mounted again and full adjustments possible.
Bravo :clap:

I love a good DIY fix :thumbup:

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.