BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just encounterd a clonking noise as my window lowers and raises window works but judders and clonks when going up or down any idears of this problem many :thumbup:thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Noise

I just encountered the same thing a week ago. Today my window doesn't roll up all the way, leaves about a four inch gap. Motor works. I've read about a reset of windows, that didn't work. Also read about a bad sensor, I will check into it tomorrow. I have replaced the motor/regulator, but since the windows move I think the motor has no problems.
The reset said to hold the switch in the up position when you turn on the car, but that doesn't work. You have to let go of the switch to get it going.
Did you change anything? I changed the screw on my interior door latch, and found it rubbed against the window rail mechanism and made a clunk sound.

Good luck, and if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

I tried searching, but there is too much info out here. They need a pictorial breakdown like the parts online method.

z

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re electric window

wanted some more info before im brave enough to go taking door panel off, as things never seem to go back the same. im hoping a drop of grease would do the trick so
just checking what feedback i get before ripping panels off many thx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine made the same noise last week..only I had the added bonus of something appearing to fall off in there. I have an appointment this week to bring it in. I am sure it's not covered in my extended warranty either :thumbdwn:...

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,309 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Post your question in the 3er forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many thx to all had to get a winder assembly 82.00 from dealer 30.00 pounds for a friend to fit all working now cheap plastic joints!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts