BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I waited a week before posting hoping things would dry.

A week ago I had the valley pan , cooling pipe , hoses and thermostat replaced ,

I did have a lot of gunk under the intake manifold like an idiot took it to the Carwash and used high pressure hose too clean the valley pan.

Fast forward 10 minutes later and trans malfunction cluster turning on and off etc

After driving it for 20 mins it went back to normal after driving back home from the Carwash the upper radiator hose came loose and I got a low coolant light . Took an Uber to autozone and bought more coolant refilled the car and as soon I turn on the car electronic malfunction came on trans malfunction and everything else brake light etc

Hazards would not work in cluster but would illuminate outside .

Fast forward to now everything cleared up but now under heavy acceleration I'm getting all the lights again and limp mode and No communication from transmission here are my rheingold codes ..

Did the alternator go to ****? While the hose right ontop came loose prior to me ubering to autozone ? Im stumped I looked at the connections near the trans everything is dry . Same for the engine bay

I can clear the codes and they will come back after heavy acceleration

Tested the battery it's fine removed negative cable under trunk and alternator is charging fine .

2008 BMW X5 4.8 103,000 miles

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got most of those codes when my ground strap failed. Mine failed outright but it seems most people have it degrade over time. Yours could be losing connection when the engine moves around under heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got most of those codes when my ground strap failed. Mine failed outright but it seems most people have it degrade over time. Yours could be losing connection when the engine moves around under heavy acceleration.

Thank you for suggesting something I've been stressed out I'll try that . I'm sorry but the ground atrap in the trunk?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,536 Posts
Thank you for suggesting something I've been stressed out I'll try that . I'm sorry but the ground atrap in the trunk?
No. That is the ground cable. He’s referring to a braided uninsulated strap, one of which is typically between engine block and body.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you I will look at this cable anything else I should eyeball while I'm inspecting it? Again thanks people I am loosing my mind any input or responses give me hope thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redid harness no change . Does the tcm need to be programmed if I purchased a used one same model and year? Any ideas guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts