Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything working fine one evening, then the next morning can’t unlock trunk. Also heated seats, entertainment system, rear signals, rear defrost, fuel level gauge and seatbelt extender all stop functioning. Airbag warning and emissions warning stay on.
Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Flying monkey herder
8,163 Posts
battery may be going south. car will shut down non essential systems if the battery is dying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had very similar issues. My battery was ok, it turned out to be an oxidised connection of the earth strap (chassis end) preventing it from recharging properly. Voltage drop would cause cascading errors, dash used to light up like a Christmas tree. Hope it’s an easy fix.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had very similar issues. My battery was ok, it turned out to be an oxidised connection of the earth strap (chassis end) preventing it from recharging properly. Voltage drop would cause cascading errors, dash used to light up like a Christmas tree. Hope it’s an easy fix.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

Thank you I hope so too.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to wrap this issue up, I took it to the dealership yesterday and they diagnosed the problem as a failed vehicle control module (VCM).
Has to be ordered from Germany, delivered here to Halifax.
Very fortunate that I have 1 more month in my warranty and this will be covered.
They gave me a loaner vehicle for the 2 weeks it will take to ship the VCM, as I was advised not to drive my vehicle since the safety features are not functioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts