Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-really-really-believes-teslas-will-increase-1836446085

:rofl:

Yep, all you lucky Tesla owners are going to be rolling in the dough when your MagicWonderCars™ are able to autonomously earn money while you're at work, sleeping, etc. Should do absolutely nothing to diminish the value of your vehicle having it be used as a taxi by passengers who can treat the car however they like knowing there's no driver inside.

:rofl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Novice driver
3,897 Posts
treat the car however they like knowing there's no driver inside.
That's how Tesla cars should be treated now! Use 'em for target practice! :rofl:

Better hope you didn't buy one slapped together during the big push to hit production goals, otherwise you might not have an appreciating asset.
Not to worry. Elon Musk will provide his Tesla acolytes with free SpaceX rockets so they can take their "slapped together" cars (and themselves) to Musk's colony on Mars. Talk about "appreciating asset"! :rofl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Little known fact, half the lithium that Tesla uses is actually for Elon***8217;s prescription.

:D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
538 Posts
Have any of you ever driven a Tesla? I think you would change your mind if you drove one it***8217;s an amazing piece of machinery.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have any of you ever driven a Tesla? I think you would change your mind if you drove one it's an amazing piece of machinery.
I've driven a Model S, and while it's definitely a cool car, I'd never buy a Tesla due to the fact that I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Novice driver
3,897 Posts
I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.
Many in the investment community and in the automotive industry aren't convinced that Tesla is in business currently. :rofl:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've driven a Model S, and while it's definitely a cool car, I'd never buy a Tesla due to the fact that I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.
Time will tell if Tesla stays around for years to come, I hope so because they have created an entirely different driving experience. I still loves my 535 but the wife’s model S is so much fun to drive and its like driving for free compared to her X3.

We have cut our fuel bill down from $450.00 a month to less than $200.00. She went from paying at least $250.00 a month for gas to less than $30.00 a month for electricity.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,553 Posts
But what's wrong with that? With a company courting a particular demographic group? BMW used to go that route, as did Volvo when Sven and Olaf still ran it. GMC historically didn't court the LGBTQ market, Cadillac historically didn't court the hipsters, and Subaru didn't court young urban professionals. I'm fine with brands that don't try to be all things to all people, and I'd be happy if BMW went back to its enthusiast roots.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Tesla's targeted demographics are bull eyes of all premium brands, including BMW. A customer willing to stay with BMW is a lost customer to Tesla as far as targeted demographics is concerned.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 116 Posts