Bimmerfest BMW banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I believe that these threads on Tesla are actually being kept going more by the haters and trolls than the raving owners.:dunno: We don't need to post constantly about it - people post once how happy they are and then go along with their lives. Haters on the other hand keep posting - and getting some responses.
Yep, most of us have moved on. It's clear to many car enthusiasts where the puck is and these threads mostly just reflect poorly on the active participants. But hey, if it makes them feel better..:dunno:

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Yep, most of us have moved on. It's clear to many car enthusiasts where the puck is and these threads mostly just reflect poorly on the active participants. But hey, if it makes them feel better..:dunno:
For those who truly feel comfortable and confident of their choices, they won't mind openly discuss the pros and cons. For those who aren't truly comfortable, that is a different story.

And reflecting poorly or otherwise is all relative as usual, as in any polarized discussion these days.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For those who truly feel comfortable and confident of their choices, they won't mind openly discuss the pros and cons. For those who aren't truly comfortable, that is a different story.

And reflecting poorly or otherwise is all relative as usual, as in any polarized discussion these days.
Last I checked this isn't a pros & cons thread.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Almost as poorly as Tesla cult members who feel the need to troll a BMW board telling the same old stories over and over about how superior their shiny electric rocketcars are to the pitifully outdated ICE machines that most of us here still love to own and drive.

But hey, if that makes them feel better about their choice...:dunno:

And yep, you've clearly moved on, as evidenced by your "active participation" in this thread. :rofl:

·
Novice driver
3,897 Posts

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Almost as poorly as Tesla cult members who feel the need to troll a BMW board telling the same old stories over and over about how superior their shiny electric rocketcars are to the pitifully outdated ICE machines that most of us here still love to own and drive.

And yep, you've clearly moved on, as evidenced by your "active participation" in this thread. :rofl:
The irony is that some posters may complain about prices and build quality of their Teslas on Tesla forums, and yet attribute any slight Tesla criticism on BMW(and other) forums as reflecting badly and non-enthusiast and short-selling motivated. :rolleyes:

These cult-like behaviors are not helping to keep Tesla(or any manufacturer) honest.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts

:rofl: Thank you for my Fri funny, This must be the most hilarious post I've seen in a while.
A whole troll thread with meaningless posts intended to rain on Tesla - is apparently Ok. But few actual owners posting from time to time their actual experience - that is evil, "cult members who feel the need to troll". :rofl:

Actually I forgot - accusing others of what one is doing is classic playbook...

·
Novice driver
3,897 Posts
A whole troll thread with meaningless posts intended to rain on Tesla - is apparently Ok.
Elon Musk does a fine job of raining on Tesla on his own. This thread here on Bimmerfest forums is just a bonus.

Carry on with your "active participation", "trolling", or whatever you want to call it. It's all good.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
But few actual owners posting from time to time their actual experience - that is evil, "cult members who feel the need to troll". :rofl:

Well the actual experience of Tesla owners posted is relatively one-sided too.

E.g. while the Tesla owners themselves celebrate triumphantly after 400-mile round trips to local ski resorts, it is the eye rolling and complaining from passengers in the cars that tell the real stories.

Nonetheless the high-fives and battle cries of the Tesla owners seem to drown out anything and everything else that matters.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
A whole troll thread with meaningless posts intended to rain on Tesla - is apparently Ok.
This thread would indeed be trolling...if this were a Tesla owners forum.

Remind me where you are posting again?

Only members of cults would get as defensive about "meaningless posts" as some of Elon's loyal followers have been in this and other threads on BIMMERfest. :rofl:

·
Registered
229 Posts
:rofl: Thank you for my Fri funny, This must be the most hilarious post I've seen in a while.
A whole troll thread with meaningless posts intended to rain on Tesla - is apparently Ok. But few actual owners posting from time to time their actual experience - that is evil, "cult members who feel the need to troll". :rofl:

- The many members on Bimmerfest who own BOTH BMW and Tesla = "members of cult."

- Members on bimmerfest who only own one brand of vehicle and feel the need to start a thread like this = "NOT the ones who are being defensive."

:rofl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
- The many members on Bimmerfest who own BOTH BMW and Tesla = "members of cult."

- Members on bimmerfest who only own one brand of vehicle and feel the need to start a thread like this = "NOT the ones who are being defensive."
So when you claimed just a couple of weeks ago that "most of us have moved on" you weren't referring to yourself, right Captain Defensive? :rolleyes:

Obviously you weren't, because you can't resist the urge to peek at my little thread of Tesla funnies. It clearly bothers you so much that you just can't restrain yourself from being an "active participant".

That's the definition of "members of cult". :rofl:

·
30 year Mech E
208 Posts
I drove a Tesla Model S P80. Is that a type of Tesla? I don't even know but it was sick. It was quick but the instantaneous response left more of an impression on me.

With that said I miss my 335i. There's no Tesla in my future but I could afford another 335i.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
I drove a Tesla Model S P80. Is that a type of Tesla? I don't even know but it was sick. It was quick but the instantaneous response left more of an impression on me.

With that said I miss my 335i. There's no Tesla in my future but I could afford another 335i.
What is your rationale to pick 335i versus Tesla?

·
30 year Mech E
208 Posts
What is your rationale to pick 335i versus Tesla?
-I can get an N54 335i for far le$$.
-The engine block seems pretty bulletproof even with mild mods and high mileage
-I still have my JB4, a donut spare, a full size spare, and all the intake blasting tools.
-I know the 335i pretty well mechanically.
-In CA if you have an electric car charging circuit you get a special new meter and I can read between the lines.
-Teslas are Remote Emissions Vehicles but they are sold with an obnoxious "Zero Emissions Vehicle" sticker.
-335i is my childhood dream car, the Grand National, but better.
-I just looooove cleaning those intakes with a walnut blaster.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts

Try Model 3 Tesla.
I liked how it drives a lot better than the S - even though it lacks some luxuries.
With that said - you are comparing Tesla S to BMW 3 - at basically double the price - it's a completely different class vehicle; and then you say you like the 3 better cause it will save you $$ :dunno:

101 - 116 of 116 Posts