BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I really need your help here.

I bought 2016 750i in canada. But my car doesn't have rear seat heating. This is very ridiculous.

The dealership originally thought I should have that, because for canadian version, the front and rear seat heating is a standard function. They thought bmw forget to build this during production.

However the dealer just told me today, my 7 series is not supposed to have back seat heating, because I have an option named Comfort Heat,Front. And this option will remove the rear seat heating.

And the sales manager did show me the ordering guide states that "Comfort Heat,Front" will remove both front and rear seat heating. But I did have seat heating for both front seats.

However the problem is, the ordering guide he showed to me is effective March,2016. But my car is built in January, 2016.

And I did check the older version of ordering guide, there is not a note about heat comfort,front will remove seat heating. And it's effective Oct, 2015

Should my car(Production of January 2016) follow the ordering guide for Oct 2015 or Mar 2016?

And what does Heat comfort,front include ? It only includes front seat heating but not for rear seats heating?

I'm really disappointed and upset. I required dealer give me a new car with same built, but apparently it's not gonna happen.

The dealership insists that my car should not have rear seat heating, but i don't think so.

Could you guys give me some suggestions, really feeling hopeless now..
My Vin no. G526846
WBA7B0C51GG526846

I just corrected my vin. This one above is my correct vin.

I attached both ordering guide for 2015 OCT and 2016 MAR

:cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm sure every county is different, on US spec 7's you get front seat heat as standard. To get seat heating in the rear you need either the Cold Weather Package or Rear Luxury Seat Package.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure every county is different, on US spec 7's you get front seat heat as standard. To get seat heating in the rear you need either the Cold Weather Package or Rear Luxury Seat Package.
Yes, I agree. But canada, front seat heating and rear seat heating is standard as well.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,487 Posts
How could the dealer lie to you about a car that was already produced?
It does seem illogical that a Front heat comfort package would simply delete rear seat heating. Why would it cost $250 more to do that? In the US, as noted, rear seat heating comes in cold weather or luxury seating package and it is pretty clear. Seems very strange, but again why would the dealer lie? There must be an explanation of what the front comfort heat package does and why it deletes rear heating, but I am not sure your dealer can supply that. Maybe BMW Canada can. I do not think the ordering guide is binding on anyone by the way and it is possible the change in March was simply to conform to the practice of how they were building for Canada. Had you ordered it in January believing that it would have rear seat heat (because you would have no reason to think otherwise), then you might have said to rely on the ordering guide, but this car was available for you to see, wasn't it?

EDIT: When I put the VIN into a decoder it comes up as a Euro version 730D (with front and rear seat heating). So something is very screwy here.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
It does seem illogical that a Front heat comfort package would simply delete rear seat heating. Why would it cost $250 more to do that? In the US, as noted, rear seat heating comes in cold weather or luxury seating package and it is pretty clear. Seems very strange, but again why would the dealer lie? There must be an explanation of what the front comfort heat package does and why it deletes rear heating, but I am not sure your dealer can supply that. Maybe BMW Canada can. I do not think the ordering guide is binding on anyone by the way and it is possible the change in March was simply to conform to the practice of how they were building for Canada. Had you ordered it in January believing that it would have rear seat heat (because you would have no reason to think otherwise), then you might have said to rely on the ordering guide, but this car was available for you to see, wasn't it?

EDIT: When I put the VIN into a decoder it comes up as a Euro version 730D (with front and rear seat heating). So something is very screwy here.

Same here. If OP actually has a 750 and not a 730d euro version, then either the vin decoders we are using online dont track canadian cars (this is possible), or there is something strange with the car...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Based on the ordering guides you attached, I would expect the car to have it. I would be upset to.

Both ordering guides show # 4HA "Seat Heating, Front And Rear" as standard on a 750i X-Drive.

And looking at the VIN decoder, which is suspicious because it shows the car as a 730d, but does say the car has front and rear heated seats.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Both ordering guides show # 4HA "Seat Heating, Front And Rear" as standard on a 750i X-Drive.
Not exactly. 2016 guide says '4HB will delete STD or 100% equipment 4HA', that is Front Heat Comfort Package (which includes only front seats) indeed deletes Front and Rear Seat Heating.

But this is not relevant in any case because OP is not supposed to be an expert in BMW ordering guides.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
OP:

Was the car built to order or did you take same off the lot? If built to order, this need to be escalated to corporate ASAP, as your dealer has demonstrated they're not on your side and you're putting miles on the car in the meantime.

Be polite, but firm and to the point; simply state you were shown cars that had heated rear seats upon order and you expected yours to come with same. Also give corporate the option to either replace the whole car with the correct build or to retrofit the option in a timely manner, which I'd say is how long it took for your car to be built and delivered. The whole rear seatback and bottom may need to be replaced if the heating element isn't already within same. :|

Also be sure to contact corporate in multiple ways; telephone, website, e-mail and written letter.

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I just correct my vin, I made typo before. The new one above in mine.

I did believe my car will have rear seat heating when I decide to buy a car.
However I did't see the car for real, I didn't have a look of the car until I pick up.
Because I bought three cars from them, could trust them enough at that time.

I did ask same question about why paying $250 more but getting something removed and why would BMW decide to remove rear seat heating on a 7 series.

Sales manager told me he had no idea.

My car is built on 2016 1/19, then I personally think I should following the ordering guide for OCT 2015. And 2015 OCT version didn't state BMW will remove rear seat heating when order option for Comfort Heat. This is the point.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not exactly. 2016 guide says '4HB will delete STD or 100% equipment 4HA', that is Front Heat Comfort Package (which includes only front seats) indeed deletes Front and Rear Seat Heating.

But this is not relevant in any case because OP is not supposed to be an expert in BMW ordering guides.
Yes, 2016 March guide did have this note. But not for 2015 Oct guide.

Should the car build before March 2016 still have to follow the March guide?

I have no idea about this. I think cars produced before March should follow the last ordering guide as the new one said it's effective from March 1 2016.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Front comfort heat package, besides seats, also includes steering wheel, left and right door armrests and central armrest heating. Hence the surcharge

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Front comfort heat package, besides seats, also includes steering wheel, left and right door armrests and central armrest heating. Hence the surcharge
But seats heating, it is only for front two seats or this will include rear seats heating as well?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks, and one last question.

Should my car follow March 2016 ordering guide or Oct 2015?
October 2015. My thinking:

(1) Car was produced in Jan 2016

(2) 2016 guide went into effect 1 March 2016, that is date after your car was produced

(3) This means that previous version, namely October 2015, applies.

However, the *.pdf file October 2015 guide that you attached contains only page 3 of 5. Do you have all 5 pages to double check any deletion requirements?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
October 2015. My thinking:

(1) Car was produced in Jan 2016

(2) 2016 guide went into effect 1 March 2016, that is date after your car was produced

(3) This means that previous version, namely October 2015, applies.

However, the *.pdf file October 2015 guide that you attached contains only page 3 of 5. Do you have all 5 pages to double check any deletion requirements?
Here is the full version.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts