BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a second strange experience with my dashboard warning lights. About 2-3 weeks ago I experience the same thing, EML, DSC, ABS & BRAKE lights all came on. I called to set up a service appointment from my cell and later after a couple of hours I go back out and start the car and they are all out, situation normal. So I cancelled the service appointment.

Today, while driving, the same dashboard light display. I haven't started it up again so I'm not sure if I'll see same disappearance of the issue as before.

Obviously an electronics issue but has enyone else ever seen this?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:dunno: So I just got done starting up the car after it sat for a couple of hours and ... no lights. WTF?:dunno:

·
10,856 Posts
I had that happen a couple of times with my old E320 4Matic. :dunno: It went away after I left the car off for a few minutes, so I assumed it was the automotive equivalent of a bluescreen. :p

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
This happened to my 330Ci. Take your car to the dealership and get them to check it out before it becomes a bigger issue.

With my car the throttle body control unit was bad and as a result it would go into a 'failsafe' mode in which it would work - but barely. The car would have very little power(ie not enough to merge onto the freeway) and created a very dangerous scenario.

Get yours checked before it becomes a bigger issue.

Mine went on and off as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Topaz330xi said:
Just had a second strange experience with my dashboard warning lights. About 2-3 weeks ago I experience the same thing, EML, DSC, ABS & BRAKE lights all came on. I called to set up a service appointment from my cell and later after a couple of hours I go back out and start the car and they are all out, situation normal. So I cancelled the service appointment.

Today, while driving, the same dashboard light display. I haven't started it up again so I'm not sure if I'll see same disappearance of the issue as before.

Obviously an electronics issue but has enyone else ever seen this?
If I recall the manual correctly that signals a fault with the DSC system. Yes/no?

I agree with bol, I would definitely take that in. THe computer stores historical fault codes, so even if it clears they should be able to download whatever codes were popping up when you saw the lights flashing. There is a buffer of sorts.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Re: Re: EML, DSC, ABS lights on ..off ..on again

Adrian 330Ci'01 said:

If I recall the manual correctly that signals a fault with the DSC system. Yes/no?

Not quite sure...

My specific fault was EML + DSC + Parking Brake, not sure if that's what he meant by ABS :dunno:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll take it in and let them do some diagnostics on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts