BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, she just turned 4. Only 45k miles, and just before the end of the warrantty, went to an Indy for a head to toe inspection and an oil change. They found a leaking power steering pump which was replaced by the dealer, even though it wasn't "dripping" which is the usual requirement by BMW to fix a leak.
Had the Indy change the transmission fluid today, per their recommendation, and boy it feels amazing. Effortless power and smooth shifting, drives great compared to the new 328 I was given as a loaner. I was impressed with the 328's tranmission and technology, but the handling is nothing compared to the 7. Here's hoping the next 4 years are as repair free as the first!

LP

· Banned
252 Posts
Thats a 2008 then? It would be interesting to know how many others have had a trouble free 4 years.

During a test drive of used car I eventually bought, the parking brake went out (error message, buzzing sound from trunk). Seller, took to dealer to have repaired and while there they found several other things that were repaired. Suspension bushings, quibo replacement, leaking power steering. I had opportunity to inspect the car at dealer before seller picked it up and I asked the service agent if these repairs were typical. He said yes becuase BMW is pushing the edge of technology. I bought the car, assuming it was degremlined and immediately found the wipers didnt work right, bluetooth intermittent and gas tank would not fill correctly. All that fixed now. Been great for about 1 month. I hope I get another 47 like you.

· Banned
252 Posts
Only just this morning.......another failure on my car.

The Driver Restraint failure message.

Was diagnosed as a open switch in the drive seat that detects if someone is sitting there. Covered by warranty. Technician was telling most warranties dont cover anything air bag related. But this warranty I have is a very comprehensive one and it was covered. If this keeps up, Before too long Im going to bump up against the maximum the warranty will pay out.

The message is......Get a Warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.