Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 yr of covered maintenance is up at the end of next month. I have about 35,000 miles and per the car's "analysis" I will be due for brakes (and who can tell about rotors, but sounds like that is pretty common to need to be done) and oil service, but just after I run out of factory warranty. I am wondering if it is worth extended the service for a year to get this covered?

Looks like it will cost about $1,000 for another year of prepaid service and wondering if it that might be worth it?

thanks

·
BMW Enthusiast
22 Posts
It really depends on your driving conditions for brakes. I bought the extended maintenance thinking a brake job would pay for it. A year after the 6 Years bmw warranty expired at 115K I just had to replace my rear brakes. The front are still good. A lot of those miles are highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Note, we have people from two different countries discussing this on this thread. Warranties vary by the market, so what's valid for one country may or may not be valid for another. You need to read your warranty guide that came with the vehicle to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts