BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I apologize if this earns me a "learn how to search" flame......

What's the proper procedure to reach out to our forum dealers to find a good lease deal?
I find myself in need of a vehicle to "bridge the gap" until I can swing an M3. I've got a couple local dealers i intend to contact but would like to take advantage of our "network" here. Any suggestions?

3yr/15k
340i
Manual
Sport suspension
Really no other requirements. I'd even take xDrive if I HAD to.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
984 Posts
To be fair, there is no easy way to do it. Even the directory doesnt break them between dealer sponsors and other sponsors.
I would search for them by name, the ones I know of, because I also dont have a list and I dont know their usernames.

I have used Adrian Avila, from Gwinett in Atlanta. He was at South Atlanta before. You Can also reach out to Greg Poland in California, and I believe there is someone in the Chicago area, but I cant recall (sorry!).

If there is a easier list, then I am just as bad as you.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hi folks, I apologize if this earns me a "learn how to search" flame......

What's the proper procedure to reach out to our forum dealers to find a good lease deal?
I find myself in need of a vehicle to "bridge the gap" until I can swing an M3. I've got a couple local dealers i intend to contact but would like to take advantage of our "network" here. Any suggestions?

3yr/15k
340i
Manual
Sport suspension
Really no other requirements. I'd even take xDrive if I HAD to.

The most popular sponsors that you could use in Ohio would be Adrian Avila at gwinnett BMW in atlanta, and greg poland at pacific BMW in California. Not sure if David Palagaskas (spelling) ships cars.

In ohio you probably want to check with adrian at gwinnet BMW. I would get his direct email from gwinnett BMW website and then email him and let him know you were referred from bimmerfest / are a member of bimmerfest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was also looking for sponsors but am in Chicago. I've heard good things so I'll reach out to the individuals named above. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The most popular sponsors that you could use in Ohio would be Adrian Avila at gwinnett BMW in atlanta, and greg poland at pacific BMW in California. Not sure if David Palagaskas (spelling) ships cars.

In ohio you probably want to check with adrian at gwinnet BMW. I would get his direct email from gwinnett BMW website and then email him and let him know you were referred from bimmerfest / are a member of bimmerfest.
David Padgalskas is my CA, and I would recommend him. Shipping cost is part of the deal, but you need to get quote yourself and contact shipping company. I would start with what they can offer you, and worry about shipping when compare overall deals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David Padgalskas is my CA, and I would recommend him. Shipping cost is part of the deal, but you need to get quote yourself and contact shipping company. I would start with what they can offer you, and worry about shipping when compare overall deals.
Gawd I'm such a tool.....How do I find contact info for David? I was able to Adrian and Greg's email addresses on their respective dealership websites, but don't know where David hails from? Sorry.....

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,394 Posts
OP-

If you can pick it up in SC at the performance center, and drive it home over a weekend, then any dealer is fine and no need to pay for shipping.

Im not a fan of shipping, per se, as you basically have no option to inspect for any defects- but then again Im and owner not a renter, so something you will return in a few years prolly doesnt matter. Consider adjusting the up-front mileage and buying miles later. Not sure how in pencils out, but seem to recaall it is cheaper that way. (plus uipside of the car gets totaled)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP-

If you can pick it up in SC at the performance center, and drive it home over a weekend, then any dealer is fine and no need to pay for shipping.

Im not a fan of shipping, per se, as you basically have no option to inspect for any defects- but then again Im and owner not a renter, so something you will return in a few years prolly doesnt matter. Consider adjusting the up-front mileage and buying miles later. Not sure how in pencils out, but seem to recaall it is cheaper that way. (plus uipside of the car gets totaled)
Hmm, interesting. I thought PCD was only for ordered, not off lots?
I was in a bit of a bind and needed to get something asap. When it comes time to order the M3, I intend to take PCD

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,704 Posts
I may be wrong, but if your CA can find a car you like at the VPC or on a boat, I think PCD is an option. Though clearly it's not if the vehicle is already on a dealer's lot.

·
Registered
222 Posts
OP, if you are just bridging the gap, why not try take over lease? If you are just aiming for lowest possible leasing deal, DEMO is also a good approach.

If I were one to lease F80 M3, I would time my delivery to end of F80 production, which is coming up in less than 2 years.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
[email protected]: Mike Wendroff, BMW of Morristown (NJ)
[email protected]: Christopher Kapp, BMW of Watertown (CT)
[email protected]: Dave Padgalskas, BMW Portland (OR)
[email protected]: Jon Shafer, BMW of Santa Barbara (CA)
[email protected] : John Weltzien, Braman BMW of Palm Beach (FL)
[email protected] : Justin Choi, East Bay BMW, Pleasanton (CA)
[email protected] : Jason, Nick Alexander, Los Angeles
[email protected] : Greg Poland, Pacific BMW Glendale (CA)
[email protected]@penskeautomotive.com : Adrian Avila, United BMW Gwinnett (Duluth, GA)

These are the folks that are named in their dealer sponsor site, or who are sponsors on their own (Go Adrian.)

Most will want you to reach out by direct email, but you can search for their 'Fest usernames.

Michael

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[email protected]: Mike Wendroff, BMW of Morristown (NJ)
[email protected]: Christopher Kapp, BMW of Watertown (CT)
[email protected]: Dave Padgalskas, BMW Portland (OR)
[email protected]: Jon Shafer, BMW of Santa Barbara (CA)
[email protected] : John Weltzien, Braman BMW of Palm Beach (FL)
[email protected] : Justin Choi, East Bay BMW, Pleasanton (CA)
[email protected] : Jason, Nick Alexander, Los Angeles
[email protected] : Greg Poland, Pacific BMW Glendale (CA)
[email protected]@penskeautomotive.com : Adrian Avila, United BMW Gwinnett (Duluth, GA)

These are the folks that are named in their dealer sponsor site, or who are sponsors on their own (Go Adrian.)

Most will want you to reach out by direct email, but you can search for their 'Fest usernames.

Michael
THAT's what I was looking for last week, thx. I did get ahold of Greg and Adrian (Greg then referred me to Adrian) but oddly enough my local dealer had what I wanted on the lot and accepted my offer.

I didn't actually intend to bridge a gap. Was on a 2 year plan to get M3, then my speed3 engine died. Had to scramble to find some wheels. At first I thought I'd settled on this 340i, MT, RWD, but now I'm thinking this is all i'll ever need. uploadfromtaptalk1470710003588.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1470710008012.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only thing it doesn't have is the track package and adaptive m suspension. I'm enthralled with the sport suspension though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts