BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
---------
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read many posts about engine break-in and recommended variable RPM. However, I am planning to drive to Vienna soon after the pick-up and through Slovakia afterwards. How should I drive with my step to properly break-in the engine? Avoid freeways and take local roads?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Greg220 said:
I read many posts about engine break-in and recommended variable RPM. However, I am planning to drive to Vienna soon after the pick-up and through Slovakia afterwards. How should I drive with my step to properly break-in the engine? Avoid freeways and take local roads?
ED is max fun when you get to drive without speed constraints. Although, I would not recommend that during break in, I preferred the freeways altering RPM and speed. You ofcourse will be driving on local hilly roads too. This is a time to connect with the car and enjoy. Maintain a decent speed and you will be fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you have an automatic then just vary your speed if you have a lot of highway driving, this will change the engine speed. On local roads the restrictions will take care of the speed and shift changes. You could also try the semi-manual option watching the RPM's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts