BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found an engine chip online for just 80 dollars, that seems to be way tooo cheap for a chip. Here is the sight http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/BMW/3-Series-4Dr/

It is a PDC performance chip, they claim it is very easy to use, and doesn't push your car past the its manufacture limits. I was looking at Dinan, and their chip only gives you 6hp for 1000 dollars, yes, a thousand, I don't see how this chip could do better for 80, eighty buckaroos.

This would be my first mod to the car.

Please check out this chip, and tell me if you think it's lagit,

Thanx :p

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
NO!!! It's just a bit of trickery to the ECU - from my understanding it's like the eBay ones that just make your car think you're getting more air than you are so it adds more fuel or something stupid like that.

Get a Turner Motorsports chip. Proven company and they squeeze the most your really can squeeze out of a stock engine, the PROPER way - by adjusting the fuel map throughout the rev band in a way that actually gives safe, beneficial results. BMWs come from the factory tuned very highly.

Please check out this chip, and tell me if you think it's lagit ( Ligament, for those older users )
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Spell check bro, spell check. And you may want to look up the definition of ligament, I don't think it's what you were going for......:rofl:

·
Search: Top right corner
1,127 Posts
A lot of ebay chips are just copies of a orginal tuner chip, my 325iS was running a copy chip of Jim Conforit's software. I had no issues but I bought the car with that chip. Personally when it comes to the dme for OBD-I cars I wouldn't worry too much about buying a copy chip if you have an extra DME laying around ( they are pretty cheap now) in case the chip fries itself.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I don't think it's a copy chip man. I think it's something totally different.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I didn't think this was a good chip, but I just wondered if it was a really good deal, or if dinan just marks up there chips ( times ten ).

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Yeah, Dinan does mark their chips up. Tuner Motorsports is the way to go. It's the "Shark Injector."

Note: Does not include shark ligaments. ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you're shopping ebay chips, and it doesn't replace a current ECU chip, then it's nothing more than a fancy looking $.02 capacitor. That being said, I'd consult a qualified personal trainer, or your family doctor about the ligament issue. While it could just be a mild irritation you don't want to risk further damage if it turns out to be torn.

·
Hellawut??
14,551 Posts
so my friend at school told me he had a dream.

i just started laughing cause he is black.

then he laughed also and said no not that type.

and he explained how i saved his life in this little dream he had.

i laughed.

he found that disrespectfull.

so i laughed harder.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
WTF does Hawaii have to do with my Chip Thread, Get the F**K off this thread, and make your own!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
HAHAHA, thats his sig, he didn't just post that up :rofl:. That just made my day.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
sound a bit racist Eight Thirty, black people have better dreams than everyone,

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Tiger Woods
Malcolm X
Martin Luther King JR
and last but not least Michael Jackson :eek:

·
Hellawut??
14,551 Posts
no im not swear by it...

it was just how he said it.... he like said it like martan luther then just silent for like a min before i laughed....

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
sound a bit racist Eight Thirty, black people have better dreams than everyone,

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Tiger Woods
Malcolm X
Martin Luther King JR
and last but not least Michael Jackson :eek:
Gure.......

To say that would be to discredit the people of all other races who participated in similar activities.

All races have been oppressed by another at some point in time throughout humanity's long history.

Dreams aren't unique to a color.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts