Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, I recently purchased a 2005 X5 with the 4.8 l engine I was told it just needed a starter well I bought it got it home only to find a huge hole in the bottom of the engine block where it threw a rod. Grrr. So I just bought a wrecked 2006 525i with a 4.8 l engine to hopefully put it in my X5. I was told that as long as I use the oil pump and oil pan from my X5 that this engine will work can anyone confirm that please also will I have to have my ECU flashed or reset? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Assuming you are referring to the N62B48.

If it were me, to avoid any minor changes (as the Long Blocks should be the same) I would strip new 4.8 down to a long block, clean it, transfer all the components from the X5 4.8 LB to the new 4.8 replacing ALL gaskets and seals along the way. This way, you have a clean engine with all new gaskets and seals. I'd also replace the Waterpump with new.

This is just a good time to pull it down to a LB and totally clean everything and replace gaskets and seals (including RMS)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts