BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In automatic transmission the failure indicator for transmission control module is on, and the transmission operates in the failsafe mode. what do I do ? Is it a sensor ? and if it is has anyone figured out which one it is ?

·
Banned
310 Posts
ivandmorales said:
In automatic transmission the failure indicator for transmission control module is on, and the transmission operates in the failsafe mode. what do I do ? Is it a sensor ? and if it is has anyone figured out which one it is ?
Your title says FC for throttle position sensor. How were you able to get that fault description? Do you have an actual fault code number?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have it checked to your nearest BMW Dealer to they will be able to use the GT1 for you to find out whats the problem.

In some cases, the position switch should rectify the problem, have your transmission fluid level checked,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A quick update, there is a code related with that problem and according to the OBD II reader is P0735, that is "Gear 5 incorrect ratio." By reading other similar threats one guy had the same problem and after bringing his car to the dealer he was told to replace the engine wiring harness and throttle body....

Has anyone attempt replacing the above ? any idea of how much it can cost ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got an apointment this monday at the local bmw dealership to figure what P0735 fault code is. I will let everyone know what they come up with. They are charging me A $100.00 diagnostic fee. I hope It's not the transmission. I suspect It is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just found out today. My clutch pak in my tranny is shot. Of course they couldn't figure it out untill they spent 2 hrs of diag time, and hosed me for $240.00 to tell me something I already suspected. So if you are getting the dreaded P0735 fault code, just remember P0735= your tranny needs replacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts