BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try and match the silver thats on the engine cover when I powder coat my valve covers. Anyone know the name or code of that silver? The company thats painting them uses Cardinal paints.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Typing /paint f3 in the bestlinks nets this, which may help...
- Painting ideas for the engine covers (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & cylinder heads (1) & valve covers (1) & how not to paint your engine covers (1)

·
Otto Zwei-Punkt-Null
3,522 Posts
You could possibly contact someone at BMW about this one.. As I don't think its a colour code for any of the exterior paint colours.. The company that is painting your VC can't match the colour if you were to send them one of the nut covers along with your VCs? You know the two prong plastic cap that covers the bolts? Or go to HomeDespot and ask them to hit it with their colour analizing computer deal??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I suppose I could do that but that sounds like it would get expensive and I'm trying to keep the costs down. I was just trying to see if anyone had already done something similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.