Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I***8217;ve replaced the spark plugs and the ignition coils already but I***8217;m still getting a misfire cylinder 4 code popping up. These are all the codes I***8217;ve been receiving
1. P1434 BMW - Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage System Fault
2. P0304 BMW - Misfire Cylinder 4
3. OBD II P0172 Fuel System Too Rich (Bank 1)
4. OBD II P0175 Fuel System Too Rich (Bank 2)
I***8217;m thinking it might be a fuel injector but I wanted to get a second opinion on it before I do anything else.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've replaced the spark plugs and the ignition coils already but I'm still getting a misfire cylinder 4 code popping up. These are all the codes I've been receiving
1. P1434 BMW - Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage System Fault
2. P0304 BMW - Misfire Cylinder 4
3. OBD II P0172 Fuel System Too Rich (Bank 1)
4. OBD II P0175 Fuel System Too Rich (Bank 2)
I'm thinking it might be a fuel injector but I wanted to get a second opinion on it before I do anything else.
Hard to say with generic code reader. Get ISTA and a cable if you can. Cylinder 4 is passenger side, front I believe. Swap the injector to another cylinder first.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hard to say with generic code reader. Get ISTA and a cable if you can. Cylinder 4 is passenger side, front I believe. Swap the injector to another cylinder first.
Rich condition could spell few things from weak spark to bad oxygen sensors and even bad injectors. If you changed your spark plugs and coils recently the next thing I'd look at are the oxygen sensors, specifically upstream ones. I'm not sure which engine you have but if it's N52 or N62 I doubt it's injector problem. N54's seem to have suffered from injector issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it***8217;s a N52. I replaced that one fuel injector and reset the codes and see what shows up. The only codes popping up now are the two system too rich bank 1 and 2. I***8217;ll try the oxygen sensors and see if that***8217;ll fix the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I***8217;ll have my mechanic check it out for me tomorrow. I don***8217;t have anything to check the pressure with at this moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts