BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help. i was driving the other day and all of a sudden i had an engine malfunction message on my screen, i did not get a pic of it because i left me cell at home. But it said drive moderately, it had no power and the engine quickly died. I towed it back to my house and now the car will not start. i have tried to jump the vehicle but it only clicks and will not turn over. I l;looked on the forum and it says it could be a fuel issue or spark plugs. but since the car will not start im leaning towards starter. looking forward to hearing some feed back.

thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
436 Posts
Unlikely to be the starter - unless you burnt it out trying to restart.

Think about it, would a starter cause your engine to die?

Is it more likely that the repeated attempts to start have drained your battery?

Best thing to do would be to get a code reader and then give the codes which should be stored if you got a drive moderately fault that caused the engine to stall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same problem happen to me so i charged the battery back up and checked my alternator.It was bad so i had it rebuilt and went to oreilly's and pick up a new battery since the original battery was five years old. That should help you out.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Sounds like your alternator died and the repeated attempts to restart the vehicle drained the battery. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts