BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I drove my Z4 2.5 miles and stopped at Starbucks. Even before I turned off the engine, message 'Engine Malfunction. Reduced Speed. Contact Service' was displayed. 'Check Control' displayed 'OK'. I contacted Service and they insisted I drop off the car for checkup. They checked everything and no issues were found. They contacted BMW North America. BMW thinks it might be a faulty sensor. They advised to clear the errors and release the vehicle to me. They didn't replace the sensor. They said they will if it happens again.

I am wondering if this is because of the music I was playing. I bought 'The Dark Knight Rises' CD and was playing 'Rise' at full volume. Music is Epic. But CD mastering was bad with excessive gain levels. When I was playing this track at full volume, the car shook a little bit. A few seconds later the error message was displayed. Wondering if the volume caused the sensor to go off. Any thoughts ?

· Registered
299 Posts
This morning I drove my Z4 2.5 miles and stopped at Starbucks. Even before I turned off the engine, message 'Engine Malfunction. Reduced Speed. Contact Service' was displayed. 'Check Control' displayed 'OK'. I contacted Service and they insisted I drop off the car for checkup. They checked everything and no issues were found. They contacted BMW North America. BMW thinks it might be a faulty sensor. They advised to clear the errors and release the vehicle to me. They didn't replace the sensor. They said they will if it happens again.

I am wondering if this is because of the music I was playing. I bought 'The Dark Knight Rises' CD and was playing 'Rise' at full volume. Music is Epic. But CD mastering was bad with excessive gain levels. When I was playing this track at full volume, the car shook a little bit. A few seconds later the error message was displayed. Wondering if the volume caused the sensor to go off. Any thoughts ?
Nah, not likely, I would say if you were playing "Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven backwards" then you are on your own. LOL If you arnt familiar with this saying then google it.:rofl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.