BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been seeing this fault message on my dashboard "engine malfunction: reduced power" whenever I kicked down and when the turbo sound is about to pick. There's a cracking sound that follows it. Can someone pls help me explain this error? It pisses me off! The car is BMW X6 3.5i 2013 model.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Do you have ODB2 scanner? Some auto parts supply have a generic OBD2 scanner, they can scan it for you. It's hard to troubleshoot if you don't have fault code which direct us the troubleshooting. The "reduce power" is a sign of limp mode to refrain the engine more damage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's more possibly as a result of TURBOCHARGER BOOST PRESSURE TOO LOW, I experienced this problem with my 2008 BMW X6 as a result of faulty turbo charger pressure converter switch. Anyway, scanning ur car to pull out diagnostic code is a best start to narrow down on the actual cause of ur car's engine malfunction issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2013 X6 i35. I have been researching and getting my car worked on. I know in the past BMW had a law suit for faulty wastegates in the turbo engine. Its suppose to be the older models but I call BS. Wastegates issues show a vac loss in the turbo.
Dealership said it was a cracked turbo charger pipe but I'm still having the issue. My car is still in the shop. I'll keep you posted once it gets fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wastegate valve

It ended up being the wastegate vavle. it had an internal leak plus the seal on the pipe. the BMW code was 2C57. You maybe able to see his video on Facebook do a search for BMW 2C57 code.
I am happy to say my 2013 BMW X6 i35 is up and running great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Simplely- was this covered under warranty? Do you know what the cost was to perform this repair? Sounds like an issue I'll need to track if/when this pops up on my 2013 3.5i

1 - 7 of 7 Posts