BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting? I guess they think luxury and fast dont go together. Hey Strtwyz where in Az do you live? I spend alot of time in Az.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I work just on the outskirts of downtown Phoenix but live in Laveen which is southwest of the valley.

That's funny - I spend alot of time in LA for work.

At the least a program upgrade would be nice on the 7er.

Turbo or s/c set up would be just nasty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love AZ I really wanna move there. My best friend lives in Paradise Valley right off Scottsdale rd and McCormack Pkwy.

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
i got arrested on McCormick pkw.... i was speeding... big time

97 in a 40... ahhaah

:)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I love AZ I really wanna move there. My best friend lives in Paradise Valley right off Scottsdale rd and McCormack Pkwy.
That's funny - when we first moved here we lived just north on Tatum and Bell.

i got arrested on McCormick pkw.... i was speeding... big time

97 in a 40... ahhaah

:)
You're a maniac! :D Like the comedian Gallagher says: you ever notice you call people that drive slower than you a55holes and call folks that drive faster than you maniacs? LOL! So true!

I shouldn't talk - got popped coming from from Vegas in Wickenberg doing 95 in a 55.

·
Rio The Racer
546 Posts
That's funny - when we first moved here we lived just north on Tatum and Bell.

You're a maniac! :D Like the comedian Gallagher says: you ever notice you call people that drive slower than you a55holes and call folks that drive faster than you maniacs? LOL! So true!

I shouldn't talk - got popped coming from from Vegas in Wickenberg doing 95 in a 55.
ehh things happen

but at least i still have my license
:confused:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
there is a supercharger package and motor package from a tuning company, its pretty costly and is only for the v8 7's. There is also the Dinan throttle body for all 7's. For the v12 7, there is only a retune, and motor rebuild from hamann. But of course, you can do the usual port and polish on the intake runners, intake manifold and a few other things.

·
Banned
638 Posts
Try that up here in Ontario and its called "Stunt Driving" if you go over 50kms over the speed limit, you get your car towed and licence suspended for 2 weeks on the spot.
Then the court troubles begin..... min fines start at 2k

·
Registered
109 Posts
in the UK if you go over 100 mils they suspend you from driving for 1 year and can crush the car :(
If you are driving with no insurance then they definitively crush the car :bawling:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
in the UK if you go over 100 mils they suspend you from driving for 1 year and can crush the car :(
If you are driving with no insurance then they definitively crush the car :bawling:
what if you still owe money on the car? who pays that??

·
Automobile Enthusiast
157 Posts
there is a supercharger package and motor package from a tuning company, its pretty costly and is only for the v8 7's. There is also the Dinan throttle body for all 7's. For the v12 7, there is only a retune, and motor rebuild from hamann. But of course, you can do the usual port and polish on the intake runners, intake manifold and a few other things.
I wouldn't mind hearing more about these options if anyone knows about them. What doesn't void your warranty?

It certainly would be nice to have the ability to fend of Hyundais...

·
Not Avail
74 Posts
VF Engineering is in the final stages of a Supercharger for our 7's. It's supposed to produce 500hp on pump gas... Cost will be around $8,000 - $9,000..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took out the restrictive OEM, foam rubber bottom, air filter and replaced it with a drop in K&N filter. Performance seemed to improve and it added a couple mpg. I just got back from driving to Denver from Salt Lake and got 26.7 mpg going 85 mph on I-80.

·
Automobile Enthusiast
157 Posts
I'm guessing that supercharger is a definite warranty killer. Right? I'd love to see something that'll open up the intake/exhaust and maybe a chip to add 20 or 30 horsepower and some torque - all while maintaining the factory warranty on the most expensive stuff..

·
Automobile Enthusiast
157 Posts
I took out the restrictive OEM, foam rubber bottom, air filter and replaced it with a drop in K&N filter. Performance seemed to improve and it added a couple mpg. I just got back from driving to Denver from Salt Lake and got 26.7 mpg going 85 mph on I-80.
Was that a plug 'n play mod or did you need to make it work?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was that a plug 'n play mod or did you need to make it work?
Just remove the old filter and drop in the K&N. Pretty easy. I couldn't believe how restrictive the OEM filter was.

·
Automobile Enthusiast
157 Posts
Just remove the old filter and drop in the K&N. Pretty easy. I couldn't believe how restrictive the OEM filter was.
So there was actually a noticeable difference with the K&N? I've heard rumors about those filters possibly not being as good as regular filters. You don't worry about that at all?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts