BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my problem is my engine is overheating. Few days ago we had like 105 degrees and I left the car running in my driveway with AC on since it was hot, and I went inside the house to change. 10 minutes later i came ouside and my car was off and antifreeze was all over the driveway. I opened the hood and I notice on the side of the radiator it blew of the top right hose with plastic in it. So I bought new radiator and replaced it.
And now same problem its overheating, The thing is, I noticed that one side of the radiator hose it gets hot and very pumped under preassure. While the other side is cold. Thats with running thecar in P for like 5 minutes. Same with the radiator, one side is hot and another side is cold. SO i think its the water pump since one side of the water pump is cold and the other is very hot. but can thermostat cause that problem too since the weather was hot on that day and it stopped working??? or something ales?? anyone had that problem??? Please help

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your T-Stat or your water pump went south, the car would overheat immediatly. Only other thing I can suggest would be a blown headgasket. :thumbdwn:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts