Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this feature was ever implemented into our cars or if it was only planned and never made the cut?

The feature I am taking about is that you were supposed to be able to set a start code in the Control display so that when someone tries to start the car they would have to enter the code to unlock it.
I found this in the much more complex and extensive teacher background material for all regions for the e65 to teach the techs.

Because I can't remember seeing this option in the car? Screenshot_20181210-173857_OfficeSuite.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interesting.
This feature was available in the E38, the model before the E65. Personally I had only used it a few times in my E38, especially when I go on trips, night out and park in areas that might be prone to theft.
Would be nice to have this feature , especially given the recent issues of ease of starting the car without a key by antenna boosting/cloning the key signal for cars with comfort access or all keys lost replacement hardware.
Perhaps someone with a security model or higher spec car can chime in.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting.
This feature was available in the E38, the model before the E65. Personally I had only used it a few times in my E38, especially when I go on trips, night out and park in areas that might be prone to theft.
Would be nice to have this feature , especially given the recent issues of ease of starting the car without a key by antenna boosting/cloning the key signal for cars with comfort access or all keys lost replacement hardware.
Perhaps someone with a security model or higher spec car can chime in.
I haven't seen any mention of this feature in the idrive firmware ether but I have only poked through the latest. I'll have to check mabey one of the first update files too see if I can find any mention of it there. Or maybe in the cas or kombi files if there's any trace of it.

Or maybe like you said someone with a security model will have it implemented. Do we have anyone on this forum that owns one to confirm?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts