BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’ve just purchased a bmw 320i e90 it’s the N43B20 engine would like to swap the engine wanted to know if I could put a 335i engine the 3.0L inline 6 , would I have to swap or change anything major like bigger pipes, also where would be the best place to look for an engine (sites or contacts please).

· Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
7,751 Posts
This question has been asked a million times...

Pretty much anything is possible with time and money but the fact you had to ask the question might mean this will be too much for you.

Easiest swap is obviously putting the same thing in that came out. Hardest swap would be something that was never meant to be there (this includes the M3 engine). Somewhere in the middle is where you will be, it will fit and all the parts are available off the shelf but you're going to need a lot of them (don't forget to upgrade brakes and suspension). For a swap like that your best bet is to find a scrap 335 with rear accident damage and transfer EVERYTHING over.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I want to know where I could get a engine from I’ve seen a few online but wanted to know where I could find one with a decent price and what would be a decent price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts