BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 BMW 535i X-Drive

Recently I've been getting the "Engine temperature high" warning even though the engine temperature is fine. its been happening pretty often (it happened to me 4 times just today) and when i get the waring i lose power and can't give any gas, then after about 10-15 seconds i regain power and the car drives fine.

has anyone experienced this problem before and how can i fix this??

thanks.

·
Munich Mark - 2014 535XD
1,472 Posts
535i WP’s typically start having issues >70K Miles… If original Pump most likely cause. Usually first indication is Fan running more than normal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For my 750i, the fake “overheating” message (even on cold start) was a failed turbo coolant aux pump. $60 OEM from FCP. Didn’t have to erase code - it went away after replacement and the new pump whirred and vibrated correctly. Not sure whether the setup is the same on the 35’s.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts
how do you know "your engine temperature is fine." I don't think your car has a coolant temperature gauge. The gauge you have on the bottom right of your cluster is oil temperature.
Wouldn't oil temp go up, as well as coolant temp, if an engine started overheating?? Although I do agree, when first reading his initial post I wasn't sure how he determined the warning might be false.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.