Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Michael! I recently purchased a 2007 328i.
I***8217;ve had it about two weeks now, and noticed yesterday a slight shaking/vibration once I was at speed and then would go to accelerate a bit more. I haven***8217;t felt it before, and I will also say that yesterday was the furthest I have driven the car. I also noticed again today. Really hoping it***8217;s just a belt issue, or a really dirty filter. Have an appt on Tuesday, but wanted to pick your brains to hear your thoughts. Is is bad? Is it an internal engine problem? Transmission issue?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer (DME) and the automatic transmission computer (EGS) (if so equipped) for codes.

Is the vibration vehicle speed related? Is it engine speed related?

·
Registered
443 Posts
As Marco mentioned you have to determine if it is engine speed related (rpm) or speed related (mph).

Rpm related could be bad. Or it could be motor mounts or something simple.

Mph could be an unbalanced wheel, bad alignment, or worn out suspension bushings.

If you feel it in the steering wheel it is most likely speed related.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "at speed." On a road with a higher speed limit?
Can you be more specific about what you are experiencing at what speed, etc.?

From your description, could it be a hesitation or misfire as you are accelerating? How many miles on the car? Do you have any service history related to engine tune up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts