BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to the site. i was look for some help....story goes

i was driving my car today and everytime i accelerate my engine would vibrate pretty bad at all speeds. but when im cruising, the vibrations are very mild or nothing at all. not sure what it could be at all. i thought of maybe my engine mounts could be bad or one of my wheel would be loose, but all lug nuts were secured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm, could be the engine mount or it could be the tire rubbing again frame? Is yr car lowered at all?
no i never lowered it...i havent got a chance to look at my mounts yet. but could it possible be from a bad exhaust leak from my headers?

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
welcome to the 'fest. have you tried searching your subject?? there are a few things that could cause such a thing. the most common would probably be a guibo, but, then again, it could be a mount (engine or trans).

i suggest searching the forum for similar issues, compare and see what could be the issue, and go from there.

df

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to the 'fest. have you tried searching your subject?? there are a few things that could cause such a thing. the most common would probably be a guibo, but, then again, it could be a mount (engine or trans).

i suggest searching the forum for similar issues, compare and see what could be the issue, and go from there.

df
well most of my info i get is from my dad and bro. my brother is a mechanic, and my dad was an enginemen for 20 in the navy. my bro thought it was a mount, but i decided to check out these forums and see what guys with bimmers would say. i like it so far.

o and i hope i dont sound stupid, but whats a guibo?

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
Balance your tires first. :)
unbalanced tires will show up at higher speeds, not necessarily under acceleration as the op stated. (under load conditions)

worn/broken mounts would tend to show up under these conditions, as well as a worn guibo, as these are in the drivetrain, which will be load sensitive more than speed sensitive.

just trying to share some experience. :)

df

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about when you press on the gas and a "chainy" sound or an exhaust thing or whatever? I am not sure. Sounds "Metallic" to me. Anybody has experience on this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts