BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 92 325is yesterday, and everything was just fine. but it was time to put gas and i was looking for a gas station, on the light my car just died and i tryed to start again, car started and i drove to gas station. after that i was driving home i had a full ttank of gas and my car died again, i tryed to start it it would start. so we towed car till my house. i disconnected fuel pump and checked if there is power going in to the pump.
there is nothing, i ve checked fuses everything is fine. just the pump doesnt get any power.
pump works. i dont know what it might be?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe you have a shortage in the wiring to the pump.... or u could have a problem similar to mine..... the clip for the pump on mine was strectched out a bit and not making proper contact. Anything besides that i am beat.... and u should find your nearest dealer.

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
First of all do this test first. Remove the fuel pump relay and jumper out the fuel replay 30 to 87. If you hear the pump run then you know it is the relay, or wiring. The pump will run independent of the ignition switch postion. If you don't hear the pump running it is most likely new pump time....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts