BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my flight arrives in munich (via frankfurt) at 1:10 pm on a tuesday. allowing for baggage claim etc. if i take a taxi to the delivery center will i have enough time?

what happens if you dont make it? can you just show up the next morning? obviously, if i coudnt make it i would call them and let them know...

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
It'll be tight but you might just squeeze in. If they are busy, it could be a while before you get your car.

It isn't the end of the world if you don't make it there in time...I'm sure if you show up first thing, they'll get you your car. Don't sweat it and enjoy your trip...it'll be awesome! :thumbup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
wagonman said:
my flight arrives in munich (via frankfurt) at 1:10 pm on a tuesday. allowing for baggage claim etc. if i take a taxi to the delivery center will i have enough time? what happens if you dont make it? can you just show up the next morning? obviously, if i coudnt make it i would call them and let them know...
I can relate. My flight gets in at 12pm, & I will take a taxi to the DC. By not checking any luggage, & travelling light; I hope to get through immigration quickly. I think the trip from the airport to the DC is about half-an-hour, with good traffic. Best of luck to you :thumbup:

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
wagonman said:
my flight arrives in munich (via frankfurt) at 1:10 pm on a tuesday. allowing for baggage claim etc. if i take a taxi to the delivery center will i have enough time?

what happens if you dont make it? can you just show up the next morning? obviously, if i coudnt make it i would call them and let them know...
If you were able to make it in time....... you'd probably be leaving the DC around rush hour... where would you go for the tail end of the first day in Munich? Would you wind up driving to your Hotel and simply paying for an extra day of parking (expensive in Munich)?

Or..... would you be better to take the shuttle to your Hotel...... enjoy the tail end of your first day in Munich by going and having something to eat and drink :drink: ... relax and pick up your car the next morning? Remember it is a long flight...... you most likely will be a little tired. I understand the excitement of picking up your new car.... but in reality, are you simply going to drive to the Hotel and pay for an unnecessary extra day of parking?

Just my 2 cents worth.......

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Spartacus_33 said:
If you were able to make it in time....... you'd probably be leaving the DC around rush hour... where would you go for the tail end of the first day in Munich? Would you wind up driving to your Hotel and simply paying for an extra day of parking (expensive in Munich)?

Or..... would you be better to take the shuttle to your Hotel...... enjoy the tail end of your first day in Munich by going and having something to eat and drink :drink: ... relax and pick up your car the next morning? Remember it is a long flight...... you most likely will be a little tired. I understand the excitement of picking up your new car.... but in reality, are you simply going to drive to the Hotel and pay for an unnecessary extra day of parking?

Excellent points. I pretty much did the same, arrive on a tuesday and pick up wednesday. However, you do end up losing 1/2 day on delivery day and this is important if you are on a short schedule.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Spartacus_33 said:

Excellent points... exactly what I did this time and it was much better then last when I jammed to the delivery center from the airport, under stress that everything worked like clockwork....

·
Registered
72 Posts
well...i'm getting there at 10am and driving to venice (more than 6 hours)....i figure i'll be ok since i'm used to traveling and i'll be well rested....plus, i'm only 23 :p

so i guess it depends on your preference and personality... :bigpimp:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

for the advice....not on a tight schedule...so maybe i will change it to the following morning. it will certainly be more relaxed.....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
:rofl: I'm only 50, but I'd try to do that drive in about 4 hours or so! :thumbup:

wajiheffendi said:
well...i'm getting there at 10am and driving to venice (more than 6 hours)....i figure i'll be ok since i'm used to traveling and i'll be well rested....plus, i'm only 23 :p

so i guess it depends on your preference and personality... :bigpimp:

·
Registered
822 Posts
on my first ED my flight arrived around 1:30 and I still made it with plenty of time to spare ... even had to wait for checked luggage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
BillKach said:
on my first ED my flight arrived around 1:30 and I still made it with plenty of time to spare ... even had to wait for checked luggage.
Then there is still hope. Anyone know approximately how long it takes to clear immigration, or from the plane to the taxi?

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Alstoy said:
Then there is still hope. Anyone know approximately how long it takes to clear immigration, or from the plane to the taxi?
Depends, depends, depends. How many people are there and more importantly, how many in front of YOU!

With no checked bags, my buddy and I zipped right through the checkpoint. Flip them the passport, they stamp, off you go. The guy asked me my business in Germany...I just pointed to the HUGE BMW ad there next to him: "Picking up one of those beauties." Bastard didn't even crack a smile...oh well! :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Alstoy said:
The new (international) terminal at Munich is very modern and efficient. If you don't have bags to claim you can easily make it from plane to taxi in under 15 minutes. The last few times I have arrived there was no wait at immigration.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
I heard by taxi it is 20minutes w/out traffic. I took the train and it took us exactly 1hr which is waht the packet map stated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts