BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 328is 1997 bmw coop.

I've locked my keys in my car.

my trunk is open and I'm trying to enter the car through the pass-through seats but they are lached/locked from the inside.

Is there a way to unlock the seats from the trunk side?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you push hard enough it should pop out..... The back passenger seat is pretty much snap-on... the tabs that hold it into place are at the top of the seat, just push on the seat near them and it should come right out.... At least that is the way it is in my 95 M3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just "Push Hard"? Are you serious?

At the top of my back seats, one on each drop down seat, is a "sqeezable latch" that pops and I can drop my seat down.

"Just pushing hard" does makes some sense however, because there doesnt seem to be any way to get out of the trunk, like a release cable, if a person were to be locked in the trunk. I thought all cars came with an emergency release but i dont see one in mine so this would answer that question...

Anyone else have an idea about this?

Please help.

·
Don't ask me, I'm a sofa.
1,203 Posts
At the top of my back seats, one on each drop down seat, is a "sqeezable latch" that pops and I can drop my seat down.

"Just pushing hard" does makes some sense however, because there doesnt seem to be any way to get out of the trunk, like a release cable, if a person were to be locked in the trunk. I thought all cars came with an emergency release but i dont see one in mine so this would answer that question...

Anyone else have an idea about this?

Please help.
I have no idea how to get in. I can't get to my seats at all from the boot.
But if that were true, it would surely wreck the otherwise perfectly devised plots* of so many action movies and Police/CSI shows.

* Yes, of course I'm being sarcastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts