BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have searched the entire internet looking for these codes. I found a few, but the majority are not found when I google search or look on this forum. Was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on what these codes mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SASL- 9572 20

DME/DDE- 273D E2 - (Catalytic converter conversion (bank2) from what I understand)

AMP- D6D1 20

NAV- D7CE 20
D7E4 20

CDC- D811 20

ASK- D8CE 20
D8D1 20

POW- A158 21 - High voltage error ( battery was never registered til last week)

KOMBI- E111 20

KLIMA- 9C64 64

I have looked at every code list out there, from this site and also others. Theres nothing relating to them

·
Registered
378 Posts
Go into each module that has a problem seperately and it should give you a readout of what the codes mean

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response KaileSvick... I know a few of the module names based on the acronyms that are used, but the majority are unknown to me. I used the functional jobs method to retrieve the error codes. I didn't go into each module separately...I would have had no way of knowing which ones I should look through.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you search using "BMW error xxxx" (xxxx = 4 digit hex code), you should get more hits.
9C64 (IHKA) = Automatic re-circulated air control sensor error ( AUC )

While INPA can give you the error code descriptions (need to obtain the correct module name from the module acronym provided), I prefer using the DIS/GT1 SW for error code analysis and debugging.

When you first connect your car, it does take SEVERAL minutes (compared to almost instantaneously with INPA) to interrogate all the modules, and then you are left with a view of all your supported modules, and the ones with an X have a fault (! means supported).

Text Font Software Screenshot Technology

If you continue from this screen (Lower right hand corner arrow), you will be presented with an error code list and brief description.

Text Font Software Technology Screenshot

If you choose to further investigate, this screen allows you to continue with any error's Diagnostic Test Schedule .....

OR, another way to view all the modules/errors is by using the "Control Unit Functions" (bottom right next to the right arrow). The complete list of modules will be in the Control Unit window, and any with an X have a fault. Select that module and you can then perform the series of actions listed in the Functions window. Choose Read Fault memory and you will see some details on the error ...

Text Font Software Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you search using "BMW error xxxx" (xxxx = 4 digit hex code), you should get more hits.
9C64 (IHKA) = Automatic re-circulated air control sensor error ( AUC )

While INPA can give you the error code descriptions (need to obtain the correct module name from the module acronym provided), I prefer using the DIS/GT1 SW for error code analysis and debugging.

When you first connect your car, it does take SEVERAL minutes (compared to almost instantaneously with INPA) to interrogate all the modules, and then you are left with a view of all your supported modules, and the ones with an X have a fault (! means supported).

View attachment 399701

If you continue from this screen (Lower right hand corner arrow), you will be presented with an error code list and brief description.

View attachment 399702

If you choose to further investigate, this screen allows you to continue with any error's Diagnostic Test Schedule .....

OR, another way to view all the modules/errors is by using the "Control Unit Functions" (bottom right next to the right arrow). The complete list of modules will be in the Control Unit window, and any with an X have a fault. Select that module and you can then perform the series of actions listed in the Functions window. Choose Read Fault memory and you will see some details on the error ...

View attachment 399703
Thanks GKent. I haven't messed with DIS very much. I'm still green to all this diagnostic software.

This explanation was great though, so I really appreciate you taking the time to go over all the screens and functions.

I'll plug it up today and see what these codes all mean.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts