·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 535i twin turbo bmw and I'm getting these codes-
6E83- INTERFACE, RDC
5DCF- CONTROL MODULE UNDERVOLT
6EOF- INTERFACE, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
5F12- BRAKE PAD WEAR, FRONT AXLE, BRAKE PADS (mechanic checked the brake pads and there good)
5F13- BREAK PAD, REAR AXLE, BREAK PADS ( mechanic checked these brake pads also and they were also good)
Can anyone help me and tell me what these codes mean and how to fix them. Thank you

·
Registered
825 Posts
First off welcome to bimmerfest...
If the 08 535i is new to you, I would clear the codes and drive a day or so, then pull codes again. You don't know when the codes were last cleared and how old they may be. You have recorded what is there now and by clearing,driving, then pulling again, you have a snapshot of today's condition. Hopefully the error codes are from some time back and when you refresh the codes you will be clean.

In the case of the break pads, if the pads have been changed and the sensors were worn but not changed, you will continue to receive the error code until the sensors are renewed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The undervolt code suggests a battery issue, and a weak battery can trigger random codes. So get that battery checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off welcome to bimmerfest...
If the 08 535i is new to you, I would clear the codes and drive a day or so, then pull codes again. You don't know when the codes were last cleared and how old they may be. You have recorded what is there now and by clearing,driving, then pulling again, you have a snapshot of today's condition. Hopefully the error codes are from some time back and when you refresh the codes you will be clean.

In the case of the break pads, if the pads have been changed and the sensors were worn but not changed, you will continue to receive the error code until the sensors are renewed.

Good luck.
Thank you. I've had her for about 4 years. I've also recently been have some problems when passing people on the road. Ill get a "engine malfunction reduce power" error message. Yesterday i did a smoke test and I didnt see any leaks in any of the hoses and i dont see any damaged hoses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts