BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
13,832 Posts
startover said:
It seems no one has posted a result yet, but do you expect an e46 330I (without zhp) to go into the 5.6-5.9 range (0 to 60) with a 3.46 diff swap and engine software to raise the rev limiter?
0-60 times are dependent on driver skill with a manual transmission. I've seen a Car and Driver road test where they got 0-60 in 5.9 with stock 330Ci (in test against a Acura 3.2TL), but it was a bit quicker than their other tests of 330's. The lower gear will definitely help, but with a 3.46, a shift into third may be necessary before 60mph even with a raised redline.

·
10,983 Posts
startover said:
Hmm, my stock 330i zsp goes to 60mph in 2nd gear at around 6200rpm, is that normal?
Yes. I'm not sure you'll make it to 60 even with a raised redline in 2nd gear. Your overall performance will improve a lot, but if all you care about is 0-60 time, then you won't like it.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,907 Posts
You will NOT make it to 60 with a 3.46 unless fuel cutoff is 7000rpm or possibly higher.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
The 3.46 will *definitely* add to the fun factor....your car will pull like a sumbitch out of those second-gear corners....IMHO,one of the better mods you can do to your ride.

Regards,
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.