BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to flash my ECUs - and as a newbee i tried to do them all at once.
Flash finished with several errors and now my car is rendered useless.

Original i-step: F025-17-03-510
Tried to flash with psdzdata v4.35.21_PSdZData and E-sys 3.30.1, connected to car with a modBMW wifi Enet unit.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

The car is now trowing 14 fault codes at me - and will not start.

How do I best go about troubleshooting this?
And fixing?

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
Try reflashing with an actual ENET Cable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try reflashing with an actual ENET Cable.
Should i then reflash all modules at once this time as well?

Tried flashing with engine running - and first errors in log from start flash contain among other things:
[] Failed ProgrammingPrecondition ECUId:DME2_0x12 error ID:1 - engine speed is not null [THROWABLE]
[] Failed ProgrammingPrecondition ECUId:EGS_0x18 error ID:1 - engine speed is not null [THROWABLE]
[] Failed ProgrammingPrecondition ECUId:BDC_BODY_0x40 error ID:1 - engine speed is not null [THROWABLE]

further fails included:
description: Service TD returned a negative response with response code securityAccessDenied; LinkName: PMA2_2C_ETHERNET
description: transfer data returned conditions not correct or serviceNotSupportedInActiveSession; LinkName: SM2_6D_ETHERNET
description: transfer data returned conditions not correct or serviceNotSupportedInActiveSession; LinkName: SLE_14_ETHERNET
description: Service TD returned a negative response with response code securityAccessDenied; LinkName: FLE_43_ETHERNET
description: Service TD returned a negative response with response code securityAccessDenied; LinkName: FZD_56_ETHERNET
description: transfer data returned conditions not correct or serviceNotSupportedInActiveSession; LinkName: ZBE4_IKCAN_67_ETHERNET

Any other issues that might have blocked the flashing, other than cable vs. wifi.

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
I would, and motor can NOT be running. Car must be on a 50+ Amp Continuous charger, or jumped to another car with its motor running.

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
Quick follow up - as it is a hybrid - would having it connected to a wall charger to the same trick as a 50+ A charger
I would presume so.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The charger inside the car is for the hybrid battery only and not for the normal battery or the other systems of the car. I can't be 100% certain, but I would definitely not assume plugging to the wall is the same as connecting the car to a power supply.

If anything, the hybrid part of the car may mean you need even more than a 50A power supply...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@NotHere in ready mode (and running) the high-voltage is stated by bmw to be charging the 12v with a dc-dc transformer. but I'm also inclined to not assume it would do the trick.

and thanks to you both for contributing :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
When you are programming the car (at least with ISTA), the high-voltage part of the car is automatically shut off.

From TIS:
No high-voltage switch off is required in electric vehicles or hybrid vehicles for programming/encoding.
The high-voltage system will be automatically switched off by the programming system.
Exception:
BMW I01: Observe PuMA measure 55176388!

·
Registered
2011 320d LCI e93
50 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting your car from All power supply, including the battery? You may find that this resets your car (With any luck).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Solution was to do a full flash of all ECU modules again. TAL calculation only lead to flash of what had failed the first time. Completed successfully while connected to a 25A charger, after a full charge of both 12V batteries. Only ACSM error persists.

Thanks for all input!

·
Premium Member
45,145 Posts
Solution was to do a full flash of all ECU modules again. TAL calculation only lead to flash of what had failed the first time. Completed successfully while connected to a 25A charger, after a full charge of both 12V batteries. Only ACSM error persists.

Thanks for all input!
(y)

·
where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
4,028 Posts
I was told by a BMW tech (on this forum) charge battery, put a PSU on, BMW use a 100A, you could GET away with 50, I use I think a 45A, not sure but I don't do any flashes. Just simple coding. I'm sure there are more experienced people than me, take what I said, use it or loose it, what ever works for you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts